Nothing left

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jessesmom, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessesmom

Jessesmom New Member

My only child and son was sentenced to 20 years in prison. He is mentally ill. He's never kissed a girl, never went to prom, never had friends, never had a job, or any of the things young people enjoy. He's very suicidal and I know that day is coming when I get that awful phone call that he is dead. There is a part of me that is secretly hoping for this, so I can kill myself too. I have no friends to turn to. There are some things worse than death.

2. jnick

jnick Well-Known Member

No chance for probation, can you appeal on mental health? If not he needs you more than ever right now for phone, visits, canteen. Been there with nobody to call, its worse than lonely, cant describe.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Is there a way to have a civil liberties group re-evaluate his case? Also, so glad you found us. Please, when you feel comfortable, tell us more of what is going on so that we can be there for you

4. Vivek85

Vivek85 Active Member

I know what it's like to have a loved one locked away and out of reach. Please, don't wish for him to commit suicide, and in case he does commit suicide, be prepared to not end your own life.

You say you have no friends to turn to. Try to make new friends. You can improve the lives of others, with the new friends you make.

Seek help. Talk to people, and don't give up on the personal quest for resilience and healing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.