nothing left

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sunny, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunny

sunny Member

I have had a really bad day. I went to my psychotherapy group earlier and I was scared, one woman was so aggressive it was horrible. I really needed to talk to someone but I just couldnt. I watched a programme last night about people who jump off the london bridges into the thames, i cried all the way through it, there was one guy who decided not to do it, they thought that meant he didnt want to die but as I watched it I felt so bad for him, the reason he didnt do it is because the strength which he had to be able to take that one last step left him, but the pain of wanting to die doesnt get any better it increases. Im sat here and Ive got these diazepam tablets and all I want to do is take the whole lot. Ive got nothing left to give, Ive dissappointed everybody i guess i just wanted someone to know that i did try.

2. x

x Active Member

Hi Sunny im really glad you have found this community. You are cleary in a state of some distress at the moment and need to talk. While it is very often difficult to share feelings in public and with those we see day to day many people find it somehow easy to talk about their problems via the internet.

I can not begin to imagine your pain or the situation you are in, but if possible I would like to help. I am a Londoner and I too have been through distressing and painful situations. If you wish to chat with me to share your worries or just to hear a friendly voice to get you through tonight then we can talk via the chat room or by phone if you wish.

However although my background is in Psychology, I am by no means an expert and by the tone of your post I think you may be best advised to call a help line such as the Samaritans or Sane Line. They will be able to give you the profession help and friendship that you clearly need at this time.

I’ll be here for you if you need me, Ryan

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi sunny,

please don't take the tablets, talk to us instead. many of us share the same pain that you write so eloquently about. it may be exhausting to survive each day, but slowly the pain does go away, and when it eases a little bit hope will slowly return. i hope it will return for you.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Sunny,
    I know what you mean about aggressive people in groups. I was attending a suicide and depression group. When it came my turn to talk I was saying I have no friends because I'm an isolationist. This one woman spoke up and said that my thoughts were unaceptible. The therapist didn't say anything to her. I left the group and never went back. My therapist said she would like to meet this woman so she could bitch slap her. Just that one little remark set me back about six months in my therapy.

5. x

x Active Member

it was nice talking to you in chat last night Sunny. I hope it helped you out. I'd love to talk to you again if you feel low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.