Nothing really makes the pain stop

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I have found a temp job that is for a few days. While I am grateful, I'm also frustrated that once again, my aunt that I live with really irritates me. ( I have talked about her in a recent post) She wants me to get my boss to sign something so she can have her heating bill reduced. That's fine,except my "boss" isn't the one who hired me....I was hired by a temp job agency that is not even in the same area as me.

My aunt doesn't seem to grasp that and I gave up trying to explain that to her. I only took this job, because the opportunity was offered. It wasn't meant to be long term, but I know I would have some money to get through for a few weeks. But it's hard to concentrate at work sometimes.....I'll think about my current family problems like with my aunt, or mother or others. Something the other day triggered more painful memories about being rejected by someone and still hurting from it as well as wishing I could return to college, but worried that maybe I should just give up trying.

Every time I want a little relief, and even when it comes like having this temp job, it's never enough to dampen the emotional pain.
  2. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

i know what stresses family difficulties can put on you ... i've had to mostly detach myself from my family as my relationships with them just are not healthy. its a very hard and lonely thing to do, but in the end, it proves to be better for me... may be something u need to consider, at least insofar as the ones you do not have to live with?

and as to college, why did u have to leave it? could u handle going back? draw up a list of pros and cons to not going back and going back... see which one works out better for you
  3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i can relate.

for me, a lot of things i see, or a lot of things i hear about, i'm just like.... well, so?. what ever, it's useless, it's stupid, why would i want to do that?

i'm 1 of those people... you could give me a million dollars tomorrow and i'd be like, so what. it's a million dollars. get the party hats out..
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Congrats on the temp job. :)

If your aunt treated you better, I can see her asking you to get your boss to sign something (although either way, since that's not who hired you, it obviously wouldn't make a difference). But because of how she acts toward you, it doesn't seem worth even putting forth the effort.

If college is something you really want to do, you shouldn't give up trying. It can give you something to fight for, a reason to keep going.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.