Nothing seems to click

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Wanderer719, May 26, 2015.

1. Wanderer719

Wanderer719 New Member

I feel selfish writing this.

Recent college grad, decent looking, (I think) strong personality, driven, all the good things.

Nothing seems to click though.

All of my "problems" seem very superficial when I put them down. Girls, money, career, mobility, all the same problems that most people fresh out college seem to deal with, why do I deserve to feel this way? My days start out fine, but by the time I get out of work around 9pm, I just feel miserable. Isolated. Lonely.

I know there is a ton of potential, but I can't seem to put the pieces together right now and it's starting to weigh me down.

I guess I just wanted to speak to the aether and tell someone what's going on.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It can be very stressful just being a recent grad trying to move forward in life. Don't put so much pressure on yourself ok things will happen in time ok it will. Get out join some activities in your communty meet new people that way After work most people are tired and don't have energy for socializing so book some activities on you days off work with a co worker or family so you do not feel so isolated
    It is good you can sit down anedwrite out your thoughts so you can examine them and find a plan to help reach your goals

3. just_me_again

just_me_again Active Member

I think that you shouldn't compare your problems with other people's. If you are unhappy where you are, then you have the right to be unhappy. Do something that you enjoy the next time you have a little time off, even though it would seem easier just to sleep in and be a glorified vegetable. My sister is in the same spot as you at the moment: She's stressed out and work outside of school isn't all she thought it would be. Therefore, she decided to buy a kayak and does that practically every day she has off. Also, You. Are. Not. Selfish. You aren't, especially not for thinking this. If you are able to talk about this with another person, please do. If you don't find yourself comfortable with that, rant away. That's what this place is for. I wish you the best.