Nothing To Be Depressed About

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by *dilligaf*, Mar 24, 2009.

1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Yep, my Mum just told me I have nothing to be depressed about. That my life is wonderful because I live rent free, can sleep all day and am in love.

And you know what? She's fucking right.

What am I feeling sorry for myself over?!
    Why am I still depressed?
    Why do I still get urges?
    Why do "S" still sometimes feel like such an easy option?

Guess I'm just a moaning attention seeker who needs to STFU eh:dry:

Sorry for talking about my feelings, sorry for trying to make myself feel better, sorry for trying to help myself. Sorry for not being able to get a job. Sorry for not knowing the answer to the one question you want answering. Sorry for having no qualifications. Sorry for being stupid. Sorry for being a shit daughter.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
  2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Don't be sorry for expressing your feelings and don't apologise for feeling that way. The external things that happen in our lives at the moment are usually not the reason we feel depressed inside. Best wishes.
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It's never that simple. Some people feel depressed due to a chemical inbalance whilst for others their just not happy with themselves, their own lives, etc. Also some people don't even know why there depressed and yet it's there and very real.

So try not to let your mother's words get to you and don't be harsh on yourself.
  4. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

why do you feel sorry for your own emotions. your own emotions should be nothing to be ashamed of. to be honest i dont think you have anything to be sorry for. your coping with things the best you can do and thats all anyone can ever ask of anyone else. and for what its worth i think your doing great x
  5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

She obviously thinks I'm just making it up. Better put my happy smile on and forget about my own feelings :dry:

and thanks crook :hug: shame other people dont agree with you.
  6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I have argued with my mum, upset a friend, and my best mate is in a mood and wont talk to me :sad:

Just wanna curl up and sleep :sad:

But yeah, I have nothing to be depressed about so .... :biggrin:
  7. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

tell your mum you'll stop being depressed if she gets you a puppy.
    (i know it's not like that, just want to cheer you up beaut)
  8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

might work for a while as well
  9. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

It's all smiles. All the times. I mean rent free? Basically that's the greatest thing ever. Sacrasm doesn't carry online does it? My bad.
  10. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

she's my mum. and at the end of the day i lent her £15,000 to put into this house, sure i'm getting it back, but atm she still has £10,000 of it. so excuse me for not paying rent <<< rant at mum
  11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Ranting to myself, not expecting anyone to answer anymore.

Yeah, nothing to be depressed about :rolleyes: It's not like

I'm fat.
    I have NO self esteem
    I spent every minute of every day thinking that my bf will get bored or find one of the 124567089345 people that are better than me.
    I lost my Nan
    I have scars all over me
    My family is falling apart
    I have hardly any RL friends
    I have no money
    I can't get a job
    My aunt died
    I blame myself for my Nan dying
    I have so many regrets that I couldn't even post them all
    I don't feel good enough for anyone

I could go on :dry:
  12. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i can completly relate to your list of worries. literally every single one of them. but dont blame yourself for your nan dying. im sure she wouldnt want you to be feeling like this and the best you can do for her in her memory is do the best you can. i know its all a horrible way to be feeling but at the same time you have to carry on. and im sure you are good enough for your boyfriend because otherwise he wouldnt want to be with you. try not to be so hard on yourself because your a great person

im always here if you need someone to talk to x :hug:
  13. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

:hug: :wub:
  14. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Love means never having to say i'm sorry!!!You are well loved here on the forum!!!
  15. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

ty everyone :sad:

and :wub: joe
  16. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

no reason to be depressed? so what's wrong with me?
  17. SpencerA

chemical imbalance, pretty much. it's really not your fault hon, so stop slamming yourself for being unhappy, you'll only become more depressed. you know where i am x
  18. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

* takes the chemicals out of her brain, re balances them, and puts them back in *

That'll shut the feckers up :dry:
  19. SpencerA

so wish it was that easy.
  20. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni