nothing to live for, no friends

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Sloth, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Sloth

Sloth New Member

my last and only friend told me the reason he had been ignoring me over the past 3 weeks earlier... and it was because he just didn't want to, he said he'd rather watch tv than talk to me. i've spent the last 3 weeks worried and sending him messages, asking if he was okay and if he was my friend and if i had done anything or if he died... when he told me the reason he had been ignoring me i just unleashed somit i didn't know i had in me, i got mad and also said something that means he would never want to be my friend again.

i don't even know him irl, only on the internet.

i'm completely friendless now, i'm pretty much housebound and haven't been out for 2 years.

we spent every day talking to eachother, even if it was one sided, even if i was forcing him to do it. he was my reason to live, my best friend, someone i shared everything with, now i have nothing.
    Thauoy likes this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Having to force someone to talk to you is not friendship. I am really sorry to say that but it is true. Have you not been out at all in 2 years, literally? Why do you not go outside. I see agoraphobia is becoming more common and it is saddening. I wish you all the best, keep talking and venting here because we care.
  3. It's Going To Be Ok

It's Going To Be Ok Active Member

find something small that makes you feel good and do it every day.
  4. alphonso

alphonso Member

I like you don't have any friends but I realized the people on this forum are ready and willing to be a friend to you whenever you need one. Stay strong
  5. Suff310

Suff310 Member

I just signed up today and created a thread about the way that I've been feeling lately with not wanting to live anymore so I know how it feels. I had a similar situation with my best friend that I was in love with. I haven't talked to her in almost 2 months and it actually breaks my heart that she couldn't care less about me anymore. I was super close with her and I truly thought that she cared about me and we talked daily for almost 3 years. She was the only thing in my life that I looked forward to everyday and I know that the way that I felt about her was real. She had a boyfriend ever since I've known her though so it was my fault for getting so close with her. I thought that I was mature enough to ignore my feelings and just have a good friend overall in my life but it only got worse.

Anyhow, enough about me. Is there a specific reason why you don't like going out?
  6. SomeGuy77

SomeGuy77 Member

I went through your exact situation. I got over it by meditating, gaming, watching interesting shows and movies, working out, going out for walks, reading non-story books such as science and spirituality books.
    ramtha33 and Thauoy like this.
  7. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

I am also doing the same.
    ramtha33 and SomeGuy77 like this.
  8. electricalanomaly

electricalanomaly too sad to say hi.

I also do the same. Very helpful insight. Why is the original poster home bound?