Nothing works

neko-chan

i know that my performance in university does not necessarily reflect my cognitive ability. every one says that at least. but sometimes i can't help but think that no matter how hard i try, no matter how much effort i put in, i just can't measure up to the achievements of other people. i know it's not a good thing to compare yourself to others, but it is just upsetting to think that other people have it easy while i slave away trying to finish my degree with little to no good result. i continuously fail, what's worse is that people from my work thinks highly of me and it just puts additional pressure on me.

Mahal

SF Supporter
Sometimes the journey doesn't go as planned or as smoothly as you want. You mentioned there are people in your life that have expressed confidence in you. Keep working at it, you will make it.

neko-chan

Sometimes the journey doesn't go as planned or as smoothly as you want. You mentioned there are people in your life that have expressed confidence in you. Keep working at it, you will make it.
to be honest i'd rather people expect nothing of me because then if i do fail i did not disappoint anyone. but having all these people thinking i can succeed just makes it all the more difficult for me.

Mahal

SF Supporter
to be honest i'd rather people expect nothing of me because then if i do fail i did not disappoint anyone. but having all these people thinking i can succeed just makes it all the more difficult for me.
Maybe you're trying to take in too much at one time. I like to take smaller bites...you can digest alot easier.

neko-chan

Maybe you're trying to take in too much at one time. I like to take smaller bites...you can digest alot easier.
i suppose uni can be so overwhelming at times. not to mention i'm a bit overstaying at this point. i should have been done with my degree last year. it is quite tough to work and study at the same time.

Ananda

We're in the same boat brother..I have cognitive impairment and can't focus on anything....i had to drop out of college and do distance education and planning to cheat the exams(lol) I'm sorry for what you're going thru...I know exactly what's it like..but I just got used to it....Don't give up my friend...we've got this

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
i know that my performance in university does not necessarily reflect my cognitive ability. every one says that at least. but sometimes i can't help but think that no matter how hard i try, no matter how much effort i put in, i just can't measure up to the achievements of other people. i know it's not a good thing to compare yourself to others, but it is just upsetting to think that other people have it easy while i slave away trying to finish my degree with little to no good result. i continuously fail, what's worse is that people from my work thinks highly of me and it just puts additional pressure on me.
Hi @neko-chan. When you do finish with school, your grades won't matter once you're in the work world. But for now, its persistence that's most important. That's what's keeps relationships alive and even once you are out doing a job that you love. Grades are secondary to one's spirit.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00