Nothing Works...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ~Tosh~, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

Ive Self Harmed for 7 years, and no matter how hard i try, i cant stop.

Ive tried all the distraction methods but i always go back.

Ive tried drawing on my skin, elastic bands, ice, writing feelings down, listening to music, going out with friends, writing poetry, cooking anthing i just cant stop..

I want to be strong for my daughter, but i dont feel i am being through self harming. i cant even take her swimming at the local pool cos of the cuts and scars... :blub: i feel so weak and pathetic i know i need to stop.

Is there anyone else in the same situation? or is there anyone who has sucessfully stopped that can help....?

2. messedupmarionette

messedupmarionette Active Member

I can't stop either. It's a really rough cycle to get into. I play guitar, I write, I call my friends... nothing gets me out of it when I really need to cut. I wish I could say that I've stopped, but...

Calling yourself pathetic and weak isn't going to help. In thinking this you're just making it harder to stop cutting. It's ok to not be perfect. It's ok to be a little weak. I think if you can believe that, then it might get you on the road to recovery. To say "It's ok to cut when I really need to..." And then put it into your mind as a very, very last resort, then you might be able to encounter a situation where you would normally cut and stop. Rather than trying to distract yourself or put your emotions into something else, just every time, say to yourself "Can I go another minute without it? Is it humanly possible for me to exist for another minute without cutting?" And try. And after a minute say "Can I do it again?" And eventually the urge will pass. This is what I do a lot and it tends to work when I try.

If you want to talk then feel free to pm me :arms:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.