Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Bland, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bland

Bland Guest

Loneliness is a horrible "condition." I can have all the friends that I can make, meet all the people I can in forums like these, find my "significant other," I can even fool myself into believing that god exists and that he cares, find distractions that alleviate the pain and consume the thoughts until your mind no longer belongs to you, but nothing can truly fill the private void that lies dormant within us. Go through your days in silent desperation, put on a mask and pretend life is fair, but in the end you're left with you. I can't deny that there's almost this beautiful tranquility in isolation, the feeling of observing the world in the midst of a bustling crowd, but every so often the silence is too much to bear and you can even feel the emptiness of the seat beside you. In a few years I will eventually settle down as I find my place in the world, the past will remain the past and all will be forgotten, with only the future to focus on and look forward to. I will forget this site and memories associated with it, forget past predicaments and feelings associated with it, but in the end I can never escape myself. All I can hope on is that one day- five years from now, maybe even ten, whenever it may be, someone will come along who can fill this void, someone who accepts me as I am and whom I can learn to trust and actually feel something for.
  2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

I agree, loneliness is a horrible condition. Much of what you say here rings true for me.
    I sincerely hope that one day this will happen for you,
    Take care
    Hazel :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.