nothing's helping

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Beka, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

I Don't really know what's going on in my head ever since I started therapy. I can't tell my therapist anything I just automatically lie about it. I can't tell him how badly I want to sh. I can't tell him about what I think are hallucinations. I can't tell him of how I hate everyone. I can't tell him of how I want to end all of this.

I just can't do it. I'm recognising specific stuff that I do now which may seem good to everyone else but it's making me feel so much worse.

I thought that this would be good for me but it's not. I don't even know why I'm in therapy. My doctor hasn't said anything. No one actually cares. I don't even care. No one would miss me.

I've gotten rid of everything I ever used to sh. It would be so easy for me to get it all back.
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

If you're prepared to lie about what's going on, you're not being honest with yourself. That's one of the reasons behind people having therapy, to make things a little easier. On top of that, if you struggle in spoken conversation, have you considered writing it all down and sharing it that way?

Also, if you're not going to open up and communicate properly, you wouldn't necessarily receive the support that you would be better having. At least, with a therapist, it is confidential, unless you have given permission otherwise.

How can anyone know where to start to help if you maintain being vague and avoiding the truth?
  3. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

what about opening up about the minor things first and make it a gradual move.
  4. dizgrace

dizgrace Member

Is it because they're a therapist, do you just find them too uninvolved and emotionless to talk to? Or is it you just don't think talking about it with anyone will help? You'd better not hate everyone missy, cus I'm always gonna care about you, I've been seriously missing you, I told cooper and jade as much recently when they messaged XD. I would miss you, stop the therapy if you really think its not helping and making you upset, but don't get any of that stuff back. It won't help you
  5. Roxy Halestorm

Roxy Halestorm New Member

I understand what you're going through. When it seems like nothing helps. I know music seems to help calm me down, maybe you have to find something. Therapy is a bitch, if it isn't helping, stop. If you have a friend maybe you should tell them something. Or me. Hell, I'm always here. Just try to hang in there. I know how hard it is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.