Nothing's working

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
It's not being pathetic, more like being overwhelmed. Perhaps approach the pharmacy, see if they can intervene on your behalf?

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Thanks Ash. I don't think I've got the courage to ask for an emergency prescription. I tried to do that before through 111 and the questions were just too hard to answer so I gave up. I feel so ashamed for being like this, for relying on medication, for fucking up my prescription, for not being reliable/responsible, for creating a fuss.. I don't think I can. How pathetic is that?
It sounds like you feel you're a failure for mistakes anyone could have made. And not even just mistakes, but things that aren't even your fault, like relying on medication.

GFS

Thanks Ash. I don't think I've got the courage to ask for an emergency prescription. I tried to do that before through 111 and the questions were just too hard to answer so I gave up. I feel so ashamed for being like this, for relying on medication, for fucking up my prescription, for not being reliable/responsible, for creating a fuss.. I don't think I can. How pathetic is that?
Hi @Sunspots

I'm sorry you're not coping well with your medications. But when you don't feel good it's normal you will react badly.
You fucked up your prescription. That's not a big deal. Tell your GP the truth. Those meds are making me feel worse and in a moment of irritation you ripped it up.

Or if you feel so ashamed you can tell her you don't remember where you put it. Or that you threw it away by mistake.

Or maybe you can deny everything. Like "I don't remember you giving me a prescription in the first place". :D
(Ok, this last one is a joke. I don't think it would really work (lol) but hope it made you smile.)
GFS

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi sweetie, sorry i have no words of wisdom as i'm having some sort of anxiety issues at the moment but i read this thread again and just wanted to tell you, you're not a fuck up for relying on medication, millions of people have to rely on medication, I think you rock, I think you need to be kinder to yourself and forgive yourself for the things you ''think'' you have done wrong and move on. You will always be a wonderful person in my eyes and there are so many people here that look up to you, myself included, love and hugs *hug

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
It sounds like you feel you're a failure for mistakes anyone could have made. And not even just mistakes, but things that aren't even your fault, like relying on medication.
I hate myself for so many reasons, relying on medication is just one of them.
But ripping up the prescriptions for the medications? I'm not normally surprised by my level of stupidity but this brings it to a whole new level I didn't think was possible even for me.

Sunspots

Admin
SF Supporter
Hi sweetie, sorry i have no words of wisdom as i'm having some sort of anxiety issues at the moment but i read this thread again and just wanted to tell you, you're not a fuck up for relying on medication, millions of people have to rely on medication, I think you rock, I think you need to be kinder to yourself and forgive yourself for the things you ''think'' you have done wrong and move on. You will always be a wonderful person in my eyes and there are so many people here that look up to you, myself included, love and hugs *hug
That's made me cry. I wish I could believe it but it means the world to me to think that others might. Thank you *hug

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey sweetie, I'm sorry I'm so late to this thread and that you're struggling so much right now.

I don't have any words of wisdom, but please try not to be too hard on yourself. I know how hard those thoughts are to ignore, but you really are a wonderful, caring, gorgeous person. Please pm me if you want to chat. Sending lots of loving hugs your way *hug

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I feel so ashamed for being like this, for relying on medication, for fucking up my prescription, for not being reliable/responsible, for creating a fuss.. I don't think I can. How pathetic is that?
Lu, you don't need to be ashamed for relying on medication. Many of us here rely on meds for physical and mental health. It is NOTHING to be ashamed of. So you got angry and ripped up a script, its okay. I know it doesn't feel okay. I feels like one more thing you've gone and done to screw things up and make it so much more overwhelming for yourself. It was a mistake made in the moment. I have many times done something and later thought about the consequences. Don't beat yourself up over it. You are so much more than the sum of your mistakes!

You aren't pathetic or irresponsible it only feels that way because all you can see right now are the mistakes. I see something different. I see a person who is strong and keeps on despite the setbacks. I see a person who I'd enjoy meeting someday because you persevere.

If you get nothing else out of this rambling, please hear this:
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes!

Sunspots

Admin
SF Supporter
Thought I'd give you a little update..

I saw my therapist on Tuesday who thought it was brilliant I'd actually got angry about something *hysterical
She wasn't happy about me being out of meds but the thought of creating any more fuss over them was worse than the brain zaps and dizziness of missing them.

I saw my GP today and I told her how awful I'm feeling without sugarcoating any of it. She apologised about the problems I'm having with the dispensery, that there does seem to be a few issues recently. I then told her about me ripping up my prescriptions which she laughed at and said if she'd had the amount of problems I'd had getting them she'd have probably done worse than rip them up.

So I now have normal monthly prescriptions again. Now I just need to find a reliable pharmacy that can get hold of them...

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00