Nothings working

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by JBird, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

i've tried all the distractions i cqn think of, they don't work. i've tried to harm a different way so's not to leave a mark or scar, it hasnt worked. i need to hurt, i need to get whatevers inside out of me so i can carry on being the hapy go lucky kid that everyone sees. i want to do it so much its making me feel sick.
  2. S.A.D.

S.A.D. Well-Known Member

Keep going with the distractions..
  3. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

It's a wave so these urges will pass, even though it may feel it won't right now. I understand the need to cut in order to keep everything together and keep going - i believe it is one of the most justifiable reasons to sh BUT you won't fall apart if you don't SH, it is just a trick! If you do need something though have you tried putting your wrists under really really cold ice water or putting your whole arm in a basin of ice water - that really works for me because it seriously hurts and creates a numb, throbbing pain. Take care, stay strong. **Hope i've not triggered!**
  4. danni

danni Chat Buddy

:hug: you know when i get mad and want to do something i take a tape recorder and i rant and scream in it to get everything out, and after that i delete it and use it again when i'm mad. Hopeful it help for you :hug:
  5. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Try not to give into these urges, they will die down eventually. The ice trick mentioned before works well, or if you want a really simple one the old rubber band on the wrist trick can be effective.
  6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Just keep trying with the distractions. Or try sleeping, maybe when you wake you will feel better :) :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.