Now all my friends are gone

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by AlexDanish, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

...Maybe we've outgrown all the things that we once loved.

All my friends are icy towards me. One thinks I'm an asshole. One of my friendships has just deteriorated.

My soul mate (Although... I don't know if I can call her that anymore) has grown far apart from me. Taken solace in her new boyfriend. I guess I should be happy for her. But she's neglecting me, and being so unkind to me (She tells me she knows a guy in the local band Remedy, Bob. I tell her, I loved her keyboard solo, and she says "newest crush? wow your cool". What the fuck?)

My friendships never stay the same. They can never stay in one fucking spot for longer than a week.

I'm a failure at friendships.

I'm a failure at love.

This isn't supposed to happen when you're only 16. It means I'm fucked. It means I'm supposed to kill ymself.
  2. revoltra

revoltra Well-Known Member

Hey, really sorry you feel this way. but you have to hold on your. beeing 16 sucks, i know, wasn't long ago when i was 16. but you have your hole life ahead of you. Your so much better then this and about your ex, it's her loss not yours. Please try to be safe. and i know we don't really know each other but you can always pm me if you wanna talk to someone....
  3. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Um, you need to take a step back for a second. Friendships come and go, it happens to everyone, especially when you're sixteen. It also often happens that ones closest friends became a little more distant when they find themselves a lover, or someone else to spend their time with. In any case, if you value your friends you should try talking to them about their cold/distant behaviour towards you and see if you can't sort it out. Otherwise, look for some new friends?

Not everyone is lucky with friends or love, but you're still young yet. Just have some patience and perhaps try to work at your friendships a bit more. I know I'm bad at keeping friendships, but it's more my fault than my friends. Try to keep in contact with them more and hang out frequently. Some friendships take a bit of work.​
  4. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

you say "This isn't supposed to happen when you're only 16." but honestly, i think its the perfect time. make mistakes, do silly things, and learn from it all while you are still young.

all this will prepare you more for the future.

im 23 or 24 (i cant remember atm) but ive never had a relationship and i feel fucked because of it. i know others may still think this is young but i never experienced anything in my teens.

you have that chance, im sure it may suck bad but whatever happens, learn from it for the future.
  5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

That's good advice Perry!
  6. Troubled2008

Troubled2008 Well-Known Member

Dang man... I'm quite a bit older (almost 30) but I feel almost the exact same way. Basically, I had a good life until I made the decision to drink again. I'm one of those people who can drink 15 beers in a night and still operate the next day... There's a name for us, I think... Oh yeah- alcoholics. I know teenagers always laugh and joke about stuff like that.. I know I did... but it's really pretty sad and upsetting. ANYHOW though.. I basically have no friends because everyone thinks I'm a wierdo because I used to get all drunk and call them or write them crazy e-mails... People get sick of it. The only people left are my family... How they have stuck it through I have no idea. But I'm also a failure at love too. But I digress......

If I was 16... wow... Because my best years were in my lower 20's... and they would have continued if I didn't drink or use drugs...... I think you could definitely have a future. You should place more importance on yourself, IMO, instead of allowing someone else to dictate your emotions. It sounds like you're letting that person control your feelings... YOU are more important... You gotta have that swagger, I think, to get past something like that.

Here's a great tip I learned after I turned 20... It might sound kind of shallow... but if you have problems like depression or addiction.... Get into making money or getting a good education. The feeling of seeing nice checks roll in from a job you're good at freakin rocks. Way better than drugs or alcohol. You can buy your freedom with that! Plus, then you get to feeling good about yourself... Yeah.... :cool:
  7. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Thanks for the advice guys.

Im "ok" with all my friends. Theres nothing bad. But theyve changed so much, and I just dont feel like they care like they used to, and I know things have changed but it just sucks and its hard to adapt to.
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Alex,
    You shouldn't put all your faith in your friends..Once you all graduate they are going to slip away anyhow..Going to UNI,Joining the military,Find relationships, ETC.ETC.ETC. You will find it's time to make new friends who are more mature.
    Right now you should focus on you and to whom you will become..Think about continuing your education. At Uni you will meet all kinds of new friends, and if you stay true to yourself then you too will find a new relationship with the fairer sex..I wish you luck!!!
  9. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

friends can be so fucking useless, don't you agree?
  10. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

Yeah.. friendship can be shit, especially when in teenage years.. it's difficult.. just try & learn to be independent, don't rely on them, you'll be better off if you don't let them affect you like that, otherwise they just drag you down, & don't even notice or care :dry:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.