Now Homless and have nowhere to go.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Brynden, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brynden

Brynden Well-Known Member

Step-dad threw me out. Yes he had a decent reason. I wasn't keeping my end of the bargain. But I was at least trying to find a job. Now suicide is looking really damn good. I know just the overpass to jump off of.

2. Brynden

Ex is trying to make me feel better. Not really working. I still feel worthless and like shit.

3. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Talk to your ex Brynden, let him support you. Try to believe what they are telling you.

4. Brynden

Well it's morning now. Got a few hours of sleep in an abandoned house. Going to find out what to do now.

5. Brynden

Still feel like suicide. Will stay around long enough to talk to who ever to get me anywhere I guess.

6. Brynden

Found two shelters that could help me. The problem is getting to them. Both are several hours away from me. And the shelter closest to me only does intake Mon-Fri 10 a.m to 2.pm.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2012
  7. Brynden

Keep staring at the hi-way over pass and I really want to jump. And I don't think anyone would stop me. I usually don't think like this

8. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Hey, just wanted to give you some support.. i myself have been homeless with a friend since march and just now have an opening to get back on our feet.. its not easy but u can do it.. keep living! Ppl r here for you.. being on the streets will test ur character and make u stronger. U just gota keep up fighting! Things will turn out if u keep going. Please don't give up.. i know its hard.. unimaginable.. but kno i understand, am here, and that u can make it thru..

9. Brynden

Thanks. I just don't have a way to a shelter and no way to call one. I kave no money for a pay phone and I don't want to ask a stranger.

10. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Go to a church and ask for some assistance. This is what churches do, it is why they collect money every week from their congregation. At the very least, they will assist you with making the necessary phone calls. If the shelter is too far away, they will probably help you with a bus ticket - or possibly someone might drive you there. I'm not much into churches myself, but I do know for fact that they absolutely do help members of the community... regardless if you're a member of their congregation or not.

11. Brynden

Have a plan for the next dew days. That's a start. Spent a good chunk of yesterday in the local E.R only to be told got to MHMR on Monday. But at least I have an e.x that cares enough to make sure I don't off myself.

12. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

How are you posting to SF if you are homeless? Are you doing it from a public library?

13. Brynden

Grabbed my laptop before I was kicked out (along with some clothes.) Using McD's free wifi. Will be back at mom's for the night but then will be with other family until a better plan is worked out.

14. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

The people at MHMR are really nice, were they able to give you assistance? Do you have a car? Hang in there, you are going to get through this and get back on your feet. Texas has a lot of people that will want to help.

15. Mikeintx

Thats great :)

16. Brynden

I only got the Crisis Manager seeing as it was a Saturday afternoon when I was in the E.R. I thought they were going to at least hold me overnight seeing as I stated I was homeless. It was about a three mile walk for me to get back to the house I was sleeping in the last two nights. But it's aight. I can at least shower tonight and worry about the next few days as they come.

17. Mikeintx

Sorry to hear you had to stay at that house. Hang in there, things are going to work out.

18. Brynden

It should be ok. It wasn't bad per se. Didn't have power or water of course and I think fleas. But other then that it seemed to be in pretty good shape.

19. Mikeintx

That is good you found a place to sleep at least :)

20. Brynden

It's an abandoned house I've known about for awhile and one I knew how to get into as well. It doesn't have any broken windows or anything. Just an unlocked backdoor (which I locked when I slept there.) I wanted to sleep somewhere with carpet. Though I think critters lived there as well. I heard them the first night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.