• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Now I understand Kate Spade and Robin Williams

Now I totally get Kate Spade and Robin Williams....people would look at them and say why would they kill themselves...they have it all...I have it all also...no fame and nowhere near the amount of money that they had yet I can’t take this pain. From the outside my life looks ‘perfect’..yet in my mind it is not...I went from an award winning employee to a shell of a person due to trauma. Unlike Kate and Robin, I do not have the guts to kill myself...fearing hell and destroying my family being the reasons.

Kira the Beautiful Gelfling

•✮• 33764 •✮•
ADMIN
SF Supporter
Unlike Kate and Robin, I do not have the guts to kill myself...fearing hell and destroying my family being the reasons.
What you actually DO have is the courage and inner strength to make it from one day to the next! It's not easy but I'm proud of you for holding on. Please know that you don't deserve to feel like this. No one does.

I'm hoping that things can improve for you because you truly are worth it
Please stay safe ox *hug

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Hello @Hatingmyselfdaily
What you do have the courage for is to keep fighting, that's more honorable than anything. Fighting is hard, but in the end it'll be worth ti when you come out the otherside. Keep going, you'll soon enough see the light *hug

Stay strong *hug
Us as a forum, community, family, we've got you *hug

Aurelia

🔶🔸✴ 👑 ✴🔸🔶
Trauma effects people in unimaginable ways. I've been through some pretty traumatic circumstances as well, and it's made my anxiety increase tenfold. I have nightmares, I'm paranoid, and extremely frustrated with myself because I can't control it and feel like I should be able to. It's hard. But despite everything, I'm still doing my best to keep moving forward. And when the anxiety starts kicking my ass, I sit there and deal with it until it goes away. When I wake up completely shaken from a nightmare, I smoke a cigarette, sit in bed for 15 minutes, and then go back to sleep, knowing that it was just a dream. Whatever happened, happened. It's never going to get undone, and it just is what it is. So you have to find a way to cope with it. Medication can help, but it just masks the symptoms. Coping is dealing with it, like really dealing and accepting that whatever happened, happened to you.

Yes...I get it and that is what I do each and every day...just hard to live a quality life...especially when you had a stellar one before. Honestly, I think meds make it worse...at least in my case. I am in intense therapy....can only pray that it works. There are no alternatives...other than the one that would destroy other lives in the process.,,,plus I really believe if we take our own lives that God does not look kindly on that and we burn in hell...,though some days I think hell is right here.

Aurelia

🔶🔸✴ 👑 ✴🔸🔶
Well, I'm not really a believer in all the religious stuff, but my reason for not doing it is because I want to experience so much more in life still. It's going to end eventually, there's no getting around that. So why speed up the process? Sometimes life is extremely painful, but sometimes it's also beautiful and incredible.

Well, I'm not really a believer in all the religious stuff, but my reason for not doing it is because I want to experience so much more in life still. It's going to end eventually, there's no getting around that. So why speed up the process? Sometimes life is extremely painful, but sometimes it's also beautiful and incredible.
Very true....are you in therapy? Just curious....

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00