Now I'm Ashamed To Talk About It

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by scarymonsteridol, Aug 12, 2009.

1. This is depressing. I went to a advice forum about my problem and all the responses I got were "LOL Troll".I think you guys will make fun of me too.

Instead on focusing on my problem these people were completely threw off that I'm 18 year old girl and sleep in my parents closet. Why won't people believe there are huge closets in this world that can fit a cabinet, twin bed, and TV? I admit my post was a little incoherent, that's because I was troubled. I don't think there it's any thing weird. My brothers are 31 and 29 and they live at home. It's part of our culture, we help each other.

I NEED my family. I don't have any friends. I'm going into a nursing program and all I'm thinking is that "Two more years, Two more years" and I'll be free. But my parents wants me to buy a house when I'm done and for me to live with them.

In the closet I can hear my parents. My dad is having an affair. Financial and personal problems. They think that I don't hear them, but I do. It's been troubling me for months.

We're moving and my parents want me to sleep in the same room as them. I argued that I rather sleep in the living room. Then my dad has that look in his eye, the "I'm going to take my shoe off and beat you" kind of look then I shut up. I'm too afraid to speak up because I think of my dad still hitting me. He did a couple months ago when I made a comment about nursing school. Other than that he's a really nice person.

I don't know how to speak up to them.

2. beaglelover

beaglelover Active Member

you are 18. is there any reason you can't just move out and get away from them?

3. How. They keep saying it will break their heart if I do something like that and I don't have any friends.

4. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

Maybe you could search out a job... Then look for an apartment, maybe a roommate, or if all that is too expensive, just one room you could rent out at someone's house. Craigslist is a good website that could help you search.

5. beaglelover

beaglelover Active Member

sometimes you just have to do things regardless of how other people feel about it. why don't you feel that you have any friends? i feel that way often but when i really think about it, i know people who will help me. do you have a home church? sometimes they offer counselling.

6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I think the one way you are going to become your own person is to get out from under your parents roof. All parents have to accept the fact that one day each of their children are old enough and naturally want to be on their own. Because your older siblings havent left it has made it harder for you. But do it and show them that you can!!
    I dont know where you are from but most of the world, 18 you are considered an adult. So show your parents that you are. And being out on your own, you may find it easier to make friends and find help.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You need to get out of there. They sound controlling and abusive.

I agree entirely with itmanah's post :)