now...that was stupid

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by the grey girl, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the grey girl

the grey girl Member

the other night i was feeling really down, crying and i wanted to cut myself. but i told myself not to do it so i thought of my best friend, of the scars, of everything i could to stop myself. I breathed slowly to calm myself and i finaly went to my sister's room so i didnt have the chance to take a blade to harm myself... and after all the effort i did, i manage not to make myself bleed. ok, great. next morning i was feeling well but i saw the f***ing blade and cut myself... arggg! dont tell me this has an explanation! well, ya, one : I am stupid

2. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

"but i told myself not to do it so i thought of my best friend, of the scars, of everything i could to stop myself. I breathed slowly to calm myself and i finaly went to my sister's room so i didnt have the chance to take a blade to harm myself.."

there you go - you already have a formula that worked for you and didn't cut yourself the first time. just repeat this EXACT pattern whenever you wanna cut in the future.
    as for the messing up part in the morning... well, you are a human, and all humans make mistakes so instead of saying that you are stupid, say you are human. nobody is perfect. that mistake you made in the morning was a golden opportunity as now you have identified what triggered the cut...

"next morning i was feeling well but i saw the f***ing blade..."

keep the blade away from your site ... out of sight out of mind.

improve on decreasing the number of times you do it, and everytime write down how you did it. this will finally be a thing of the past.

3. the grey girl

the grey girl Member

ya, the same pattern... but it was too difficult to mess it up next morning when i didnt really feel bad... :S was it worth it? after all the crying n all the shaking... i ended up bleeding when I was not in a "crisis"
    i dont get how i was so "human" to do it :mad: maybe i would have done it even if the blade had not been on the table... but yeah, I´ll follow ur advise (thanx)... i'll keep it hidden somewhere or sth... i dont dare to get rid of it yet
    hope it works...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.