Now What Do I do?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Buggsy2008, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buggsy2008

Buggsy2008 Well-Known Member

She's kicked me out!!

I asked her if she could let me off the £20 rent i had to pay today as i'd need every penny if i got in ymca (meetin next week now) and that if i dint get in she could have it next week.

She kicked off and said if she dont get it today i cant go back....even if i transfered it then it takes 3 days.!!

Im not backing down, she wants me out but wont do one thing to help and twists it all round on me. Ive had enough. If i have to sleep on a bench in the meantime then i will.

Its preferable to there.

Im so scared now, what am i going to do with no where to live?? I cant cope with this!!!!!!
  2. jKORE

jKORE Senior Member

i dont know what its like where you live, but the times when i was thrown out or on the run, i would sometimes seek out youth hostels or the like (btw you dont have to be a youth to stay in a youth hostel). granted, there were times that a comfortable patch of lawn was the only option, but hostels are made for just that. people in desperate need.
    the best thing to do is go visit a social worker. they can give you a whole list of hostels and refuges for the needy (not saying your needy :)) thats the best advice i got.
    i hope you find a way, my friend.
    keep your chin up,
    dont be content with your past victories, keep fighting, keep conquering!

3. Buggsy2008

Thanks :hug: all I can do for now is wait and see what the ymca say next week.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I hope things improve as it sounds so scary and fragile...please try to remember the strength you have within you...find a resource person, a social worker or such to help you navigate the of luck and continue to let us know how you are doing...J
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: buggsy,

I don't know what advice to offer you hun but I am here if you need to talk. I hope things improve for you. Stay strong my friend x
  6. Buggsy2008

:hug: thanks
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Buggsy,
    If she kicks you out there are shelters in almost evry city. I agree with Sadeyes that you should seek out advice from a social worker. They may be able to help with a referral to a shelter. Right now you will find that most of them are full do to the cold weather. I wish you luck!!~Joseph~
  8. UndeddMonkey

UndeddMonkey Member

If it's not cold out yur fine. If it is pack a bedroll and a toothbrush and a change of clothes (6 pairs of sox). Try to tuff it out. I've been there sooh many times. There's a certain dignity in loneliness especially if you chose it. It takes strength to choose it though and if you have enough strength to choose it then you have enough strength to make it through it. You'll come out of it so much stronger. Use resources you can to get into hostels and avoid government aid unless you really really need it, you don't want to get caught up in the system. Hostels are good for showers and a roof and the people you meet - they all work together loosly. You'll be surprised by who you meet living on the streets. Be very careful though and don't get dragged down into giving up and becoming a career bum, drunk, druggie, etc. Be strong and come up. Sounds to me like what is expected of you is beyond what you are capable of coming up with - and there's no shame in that. Sounds to me like who you're dealing with is not willing to understand that, or try, or work with you. Don't forget that it's your life you have to live, not anyone else's. Do what's right for you and be strong.
  9. Buggsy2008

Well yesterday I went and collected my things. My mum avoided me most of the time I was there.

My stepdad rared up a bit saying I had to take all the stuff I wanted to dump aswell, and he had a go when i said i could only take what would fit in my mates van. Then he said he wanted the key back before i left and when i said i didnt have it on me he had a right go. Even said he still wanted it, HOW if i didnt have it!!!!!

All my muscles are aching now as my mate and i had to pack it all up and move it ourselves, they didnt offer any help. Took us about four hours!!

Now all my stuff is gone from there and ive changed my number i feel like a weight has been lifted. I dont have to have anything to do with them now.

Although I think I may live to regret my decision to not pay up.. and therefore get kicked out... if the ymca turn me down. I cant stay here more than another week or two at most. So im a bit worried about what may happen.

The housing co ordinator says she is confident i will get in so i just have to hope she is right!! If push comes to shove i will have to see if i can split my time between my aunts and nans, so its not like im living with either of them, just staying with them for a week or whatever and then giving them a week off lol.

I have no idea if either of them would see me on the streets... i hope not.
  10. Buggsy2008

Just thought i'd update you and let you know i got in the ymca :)

Got my keys and moved some stuff in today, the rooms actually quite nice lol am sleeping at my aunts tonight. Will be sleeping at my place tomorrow night... hehe my place :)
  11. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey, hun, that's great! i am so happy for you. . .
    now. you have the time and '''space''' to work some things out for you.
    a life plan, ok?

i have faith that you can move forward - and THIS can be the bottom. wouldn't that be great - if it all goes up from this point? you are very strong. i can 'feel' that in your posting, so this is how you are showing it,
    please keep in touch. .. . hugs and stuff xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.