Nowhere else to go...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Chrissymes, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrissymes

Chrissymes New Member

I don't know, I've never felt this way before, I'm 28, I've been an addict for 6 years, I can barely keep a job, and just had what I thought would be my ticket to a better life tell me she can't be that person. I'm too embarassed to talk to anyone I know about it, but I'm scared with the places my mind has been taking me. I feel lost, with the sense that i can't be found. I've failed everything I've ever tried at in my life and I'm starting to lose sight on why I am even here anymore. When I'm not on drugs or alcohol I keep wishing the worst. Don't know what to do:(

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear that your are in a terrible state. The important thing to remember that you are not alone. From all the corners of the world a lot of people suffer and not only you. Please do not feel embarrassed about talking as you have joined a wonderful community. You can remain nameless but share you trouble without anybody else knowing. Do not act on your feeling as we can help you. Keep posting here for support.

3. Chrissymes

Chrissymes New Member

Thanks for the response. Honestly I've lived a generally great lifestyle and never thought this sort of situation would ever happen. Today is a better day. But still a very dark overall sense of hopelessness. The struggle is being a drug abuser mostly, when I'm high I'm high and when I'm low, I'm very low, and just want to get high again. And then the depression sets in and well, then I end up here. I was hoping to here some ideas on how to generally take my mind off of things and occupy my time, I try work, but I get a lot of alone time to ponder there too.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Boredom is one of the downfalls it will lead to dwelling on unwanted thoughts.

What about keeping yourself busy with projects or watching movie reading book going to the gym?

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas and welcome to the forums,

You CAN overcome this. You need to talk to your doctor to go to Narcotics Anonymous, my friend on this site is completely clean 5 months and she had severe addictions, someone I know in real life was on heroin and managed to get off and turn her life around. When addicted to something, it's costly, affects relationships etc.. you can do this. Perhaps you should look up some stories on in the internet about people's struggles and beating addictions, it might help to motivate you, best of luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.