Nowhere else to go

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Amelia85, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amelia85

Amelia85 Member

Hello. I'm Amelia. I'm 26 and I'm struggling with a lot of things in life. I live in the Philippines where people believe that all problems can be solved if you just put your mind to it. I haven't taken drugs for depression. I've been discouraged by my family from seeking professional help. They don't take my depression and suicidal thoughts seriously... I've been forced to tell them I was raped as a child and it was ignored.

I want to get better. I want to stop feeling this pain. That's why I'm here. I want to live.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Amelia it is good you have reached out here there are many who will understand your sadness. I do hope you can talk to someone you need too outside your family okay. You do need help professional help to heal from such pain. You are 26 you are an adult now and your parents have no control over your life now you can go into your doctor without them knowing and get medication for depression ask your doctor for a referal to a person that deals with trauma okay Keep posting okay it does help you are not alone now hugs to you. pm me anytime
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hello and welcome!

I'm sorry that you are going through this

It's hard enough to deal with trauma even if you have support. That must be really hard to be ignored by your family like that

I think a lot of people and a lot of families are like that. dealing with difficult problems is too emotionally demanding for them, so they just pretend that problems don't exist and they don't deal with them. this of course makes things much worse. ignoring problems is a typical defense mechanism. if you use defense mechanisms too much, or in the wrong situations, they make things worse

getting therapy might be really good for you

it's a really, really good sign that you have a strong will to get better. I think that may be the most important thing in recovering from depression

please keep posting here, and I hope that we can support you through this!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
  4. Amelia85

Amelia85 Member

My home life is not good right now and I don't have a job. But thank you anyway for the suggestion. I'm not used to kindness and sometimes sometimes friendly words from people really hurt me and make me want to close myself up. But I want to try and be more open and accept that there are good people in this world. Thank you so much.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun you are special and you deserve kindness and compassion hugs to you
  6. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

ok. so you might want treatment or therapy, but you can't afford it?

can you describe your home life? are you with your family now?

are you a citizen of the Philippines or another country?

we might be able to help you find some resources.

I hope that we can help!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:welcome: to the forums!
  8. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

Hi Amelia,
    i hope we can help and support where others have neglected you. your right to think you need professional help- i don't know personally, but rape is one of the most traumatic things in life.
    hope we can help you get better,
  9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome Amelia..Take your time and tell us how we can help..No one here will judge you..We all have our problems..Thats what makes this community so tight..Take Care!!!
  10. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Hi, Welcome to SF. I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of support here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.