• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Nowhere else to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm Amelia. I'm 26 and I'm struggling with a lot of things in life. I live in the Philippines where people believe that all problems can be solved if you just put your mind to it. I haven't taken drugs for depression. I've been discouraged by my family from seeking professional help. They don't take my depression and suicidal thoughts seriously... I've been forced to tell them I was raped as a child and it was ignored.

I want to get better. I want to stop feeling this pain. That's why I'm here. I want to live.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hi Amelia it is good you have reached out here there are many who will understand your sadness. I do hope you can talk to someone you need too outside your family okay. You do need help professional help to heal from such pain. You are 26 you are an adult now and your parents have no control over your life now you can go into your doctor without them knowing and get medication for depression ask your doctor for a referal to a person that deals with trauma okay Keep posting okay it does help you are not alone now hugs to you. pm me anytime

hello and welcome!

I'm sorry that you are going through this

It's hard enough to deal with trauma even if you have support. That must be really hard to be ignored by your family like that

I think a lot of people and a lot of families are like that. dealing with difficult problems is too emotionally demanding for them, so they just pretend that problems don't exist and they don't deal with them. this of course makes things much worse. ignoring problems is a typical defense mechanism. if you use defense mechanisms too much, or in the wrong situations, they make things worse

getting therapy might be really good for you

it's a really, really good sign that you have a strong will to get better. I think that may be the most important thing in recovering from depression

please keep posting here, and I hope that we can support you through this!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My home life is not good right now and I don't have a job. But thank you anyway for the suggestion. I'm not used to kindness and sometimes sometimes friendly words from people really hurt me and make me want to close myself up. But I want to try and be more open and accept that there are good people in this world. Thank you so much.

My home life is not good right now and I don't have a job.
ok. so you might want treatment or therapy, but you can't afford it?

can you describe your home life? are you with your family now?

are you a citizen of the Philippines or another country?

we might be able to help you find some resources.

I hope that we can help!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Monoka

Hi Amelia,
i hope we can help and support where others have neglected you. your right to think you need professional help- i don't know personally, but rape is one of the most traumatic things in life.
hope we can help you get better,
:hug:

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Welcome Amelia..Take your time and tell us how we can help..No one here will judge you..We all have our problems..Thats what makes this community so tight..Take Care!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00