nowhere to go

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hides, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hides

Hides Guest

What does it mean when you just stay in your apartment for days on end? I am not even bothered by it at all. I know it is not normal. I only leave to go get mail and food?
    Am I a weird fuck or what?

2. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Safety comes from your own space. Most people I guess have thier own space in thier heads. I want actual space, with no frigging eyes looking at me, trying to bore open my head with their inquisitiveness. Does that ring any bells?

3. Freddy

Freddy Guest

I usually stay in my apartment for days and often for weeks. I only go out for neccesities and to deal with bills/banking issues. I feel alot safer in my home than on the streets. I do feel very lonely and depress often.

4. whynot

whynot Active Member

I enjoy staying in one place because I never had any type of security growing up. Our father moved us every 2-3 years because of his business so I've never actually had any place to call home. I don't like going out and socializing because most humans are not to far removed from chimps.

BTW how is it you people can afford not to leave your apartments without going to work etc? Are you trust kids who have your parents pay the bills or what?

5. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Being treated for depression so i'm on sickness benifit until I can go and get a job without breaking down in my interview

6. Tara

Tara Guest

im the same.
    id rather be in my house than anywhere else. i only go out to go to work (once a week usually) and take the dog for a walk sometimes.

but i get shouted at for not going anywhere. mum says im depressed cause i dont go out. i dont go out cause i am depressed! i hate it when people dont understand!

7. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I'm the same. I don't go anywhere. I don't want to go anywhere. I'm happy to stay inside and never go out. I just know I can't live this way forever. But it's the only way I ever want to live. I can't be an outgoing person and I don't want to be. I just want to hide from the world forever. I want to live in my shell and pretend that the world out there has gone. I got some thick curtains for my window so I can block out most of the daylight. I've always been this way. I'm not even lonely. Maybe without my computer I would be. So in a way, I guess I need people. But I need people I can identify with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.