Nowhere to turn

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Garbage, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garbage

Garbage New Member

I have had severe depression issues for quite some time now. My son was arrested the other night for, what i thought, was a simple possession of marijuana. Then I find out that the state attorney generals office has been watching him and collecting evidence for almost 3 years now! I knew he was buying "weed" and smoking some and selling a little bit to a couple of close friends; but after going through his iPad while he's sitting in jail I find out it's much, much more than that and he could be looking at 25 years. If he gets 25 years, more than likely I won't be around to see him get out of prison. My wife and I do not use ANY type of illegal drugs and I've told my son MANY times that I don't want them in ANY amount in my home. I called 911 a week or so ago because I thought he was having a seizure. Turns out it was an overdose on K2 (didn't even know what that was until I Googled it). The amount of "product" that the police found when they were her absolutely blew my mind!

All that being said, here I sit trying to figure out where I went wrong with both of my kids (my daughter is a whole other story that I don't feel like getting into right now). I'm seriously considering just doing myself in so I don't have to deal with it. I'm a failure as a person and a father and I simply don't give a shit and have absolutely no will to live anymore.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, the nicest people you could ever meet are into drugs, you have not failed as a father, people get into things that they sometimes find hard to get out of and this seems to be one of them. Do not blame yourself. He has made mistakes and he will now have to suffer the consequences, I do not know where you live so don't know how hard they are on drugs there but quit putting blame on yourself. He is 25. An adult and have to face up to this now. Not you, Him. I am sorry this must be so distressing to you, I can't imagine how distressing but we are here for support you through this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.