NSA taps in to user data of Facebook, Google, Skype and others, secret files reveal

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by justMe7, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data

I wouldn't say this is too suprising, we thought of this when we were like 12 with 56k modems,.. .but then again that was the time when I also used to think it would never truly happen legally.

2. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Re: NSA taps in to user data of Facebook, Google, Skype and others, secret files reve

Deny, deny, deny and then attack, attack, attack. - Ronald Reagan

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Re: NSA taps in to user data of Facebook, Google, Skype and others, secret files reve

Mark Zuckerberg has made a statement on PRISM to the same affect. No knowledge of the program. No knowledge of access, and adamantly against it, and seemingly that there's virtually no way this could have happened on such a massive scale.

[​IMG]

I don't think all of this data mining actually exists. Not that a covert operation can't exist, but that it simply makes no sense that so much information is someplace archived in a supercomputer somewhere, taken from all these sites with so many searches every single second (take Google search alone - everything that has ever been searched in just one year, much less more than one - and add every Fb post, photo, chat, video, Paltalk, and more - think about the vastness of that). This kind of access couldn't have gone unnoticed by all of these companies the NSA claims to have digitally exploited.

What I do think is that all of the news recently of "secrets" suddenly being sensationalized simultaneously right after the Boston attack, is a tactic of government intimidation to make the public subconsciously fearful of expressing dissent among others - fear of being monitored or caught, reinforced with the threat of being questioned, raided, personal information exposed, threat to loss of employment, etc. I don't remember exactly what Orwell called this in his dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four...but it's clear to me that none of this is nor ever was in the interest of national security as much as it is a fear tactic. Is something about to come up in the news that they want people to be afraid for, that they want a particular desired reaction towards to meet some ends? Think about this in proper context of all of what's currently happening worldwide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.