1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Numb, dont know what else to do

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by tjazzie, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjazzie

    tjazzie New Member

    Well I'm new and don't have anyone to talk to..I have to get this off my chest and I don't want my 17yr old daughter to know how I have been feeling. I got Divorce last year but right before the Divorce and during I was put on med for Manic Depression. At the time I was on my ex's insurance but during the Divorce he removed me from it and after running out of meds I had to go through withdrawal.....well I don't want make this long but I have been in and out of work since, lost my home and now out of work again, lost my car and I'm not on a bus line...I have no one I always been a loner. Well since October I have lost my drive for everything....I don't even look in the mirror at myself, I don't comb my hair and I have covered my windows and I don't leave the house unless I have to walk to the store. I feel so helpless I feel that there is a matter of time before we will be out on the street. A year a half ago I was diagnosed with OA and its getting worse my joints are starting to knot up ...I have no insurance and just have been taking the pain I don't sleep much and have been having visions again. I'm scared I have nothing to control it anymore. I'm tired
  2. KirstyMissJimBob

    KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

    Aww sweetie **hugs**
    Thats gotta be hard to go through wat you are going through. Maybe if you did talk to your daughter or some of your family,they might be able to help out.I am here for you if u need me my msn is displayed below and my pm box is always open.

    Love Kirsty
  3. Stranger1

    Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

    Hey tjazzie,
    Do they have an organization there called ACT? It is for people who have no insurance! I have been going thru them since day one. I have been in and out of there facility several times. They would help get me thru crisis and then set me up with a shrink on the outside. I get my meds thru them and only pay a copay.
    Check with your local hospital and see if you have someplace there like ACT. If things get to bad you might have to send your daughter to stay with her dad. Then go to your local hospital and tell them you are seveerely suicidal and have a plan to end it. That will usually help get you in to the phsyc ward. Don't be afraid it's not like the movies. I have found that they are very helpful and if you need to talk just ask one of the nurses if you can talk privately. They will evaluate you and get you back on your meds. You will probably have to apply with medicaid to help keep you in treatment and to help with your meds. There is no reason to feel ashamed for asking for help.
    I was on medicaid for a couple of years before I got SSI and medicare. I still see my shrink thru ACT and I still get my meds thru them. I hope you find the help you need. It is out there you just need to find it.Take Care!~Joseph~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.