Numb

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Danialla, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

Has anyone here ever felt homicidal? What did you do? I doubt a change in medication would help because I feel pretty numb to the whole thing. I am sure it will pass, I have ECT in the morning. Thank you for letting me say it out loud. I also feel suicidal...maybe I should take that option first:).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You need to discuss the feelings with therapist or Dr to determine for certain if are med related. Is it extreme anger / rage induced ? There are meds for that and is better than feeling that way.

Take Care and Be Safe

- Ben

3. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

My husband has ruined us financially. I don't really feel anger I just can see no way out. Meds won't work, talking won't work nothing will help. I feel NUMB and sad. I always worked so hard to do the right thing but an abusive childhood is just the beginning. I don't really care anymore. I will try to bring this up to my therapist. Thank you.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Meds and therapy can help change your reactions to situations to keep them from being completely over stated (like crying for 2 hours because missed a show on TV as an example-0 the extreme reactions people get when severely depressed) but you are correct, no medication or therapy will change a situation. The purpose is to keep you in a place emotionally where you can choose to make changes you need to make to change a situation yourself. Whether that is to change or remove yourself from toxic situations and relationships and find strength to get out of situations where you are being taken advantage of over and over, or just to find energy to get up and go to work in the morning- that is the point of meds and therapies- to get rid of the paralysis some extreme emotions cause.

Then the hard work is still up to the individual and that usually involves making choices that nobody wants to make but in order to actually improve situations often need to be done. The result of failing to make the tough choices and make change happen is continual and never ending repeating the exact same situations over and over. It does come down to choice usually and many times the choices are "which is better in long run even though both suck?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.