Numb

I can officially say that I feel like nothing. I’m not adamant on dying nor adamant on living. I’m in a middle space where i could care less what happens anymore. I feel like a shell of a human walking around, if that makes sense. No hobbies or passions at all. I don’t even know nor care about what I like/dislike anymore. I feel like nothing will help me get out of this vicious cycle that keeps repeating itself over and over.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
This numbness will be over. It's just a part of depression that worsen your life overall.
It can be that you are bored with the news, with the people around you, with your job, with the situation of your life at the moment.
Perhaps, it is the time to do something new, to travel to somewhere else, to visit the nature, to meet new faces, etc. Well, with safety, of course.
It's not exactly working for me but maybe it did, for a little bit.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
I can officially say that I feel like nothing. I’m not adamant on dying nor adamant on living. I’m in a middle space where i could care less what happens anymore. I feel like a shell of a human walking around, if that makes sense. No hobbies or passions at all. I don’t even know nor care about what I like/dislike anymore. I feel like nothing will help me get out of this vicious cycle that keeps repeating itself over and over.
I'm glad that you posted @MoonlightFirefly. Such a beautiful name. I'm sorry that you are having such a difficult time right now. I know that you are definately not alone and that you can't give up. I'm glad that you have sought support here. I wonder what types of things have you enjoyed doing in the past?

Supposedly, I am on the road to healing; however, I still share
your feelings of lacking all interest in everything. How much of this
can you attribute to the pandemic? I became this way during the
pandemic, and while I have much to feel depressed about, I used to
enjoy traveling, hiking, dancing, reading, was very interested in the news,
etc. All of that is gone now. Yes, I can read, but none of my books
interest me. Yes I can listen to the news, but when I do, I find I haven't
even heard any of it--and I just don't care. I wonder if you, too, aren't
suffering from pandemic distress and so much negative news out there
in the real world that you just can't tolerate it anymore? I'm afraid I don't
have solutions. I'm signing up for every zoom event I can just to distract
me from this miserable non-life. Have you tried that? Just a suggestion.
I wish you luck finding your way out; just remember we are all here
for you. Thanks for joining and posting.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00