Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's come to my attention that perhaps numbers could be classified as male or female. There may not be a consciously reasonable explanation for this, but perhaps we can examine the phenomenon further together. Try focusing on a number in your mind, and decide if it's more 'male' or 'female'. No need to over-analyze, just choose the first distinction you lean towards naturally.

To start off, I believe the number 0 is male. 1 is also male, but 2 is female. Thinking about it further, they most likely have personalities as well. Letters too. The letter A for example, seems to be a hard-working, independent female. She's not an attention seeker, though she seems to often be followed by others. Maybe one explanation for this would be that 'A' appears in so many common English words, seems to be well-known amongst her kind. The independence could stem from the fact that the letter can appear on it's own in a sentence, without being in a 'clique' (word) of other letters. The letter 'I' also has this independence, though I'm sure the letter 'I' is a male. What do you think?

P

ProzacDeathWish

You have taken abstract concepts to a new level :idea: ; Ha ha, I'm thinking you have more in common with Syd Barrett than just a name ! :weee:

Wow :blink: Can't say I've ever thought about this before...I agree with what you've said about A being female and I being male though :laugh: Randomly!!

Maybe Prozac, but first I'll have to practice my music-smelling abilities. Rhythm and bass might be like taking a bite out of a juicy peach while cinnamon scented smoke drifts in through the air vents. Actually, I've never experienced that before, though Barrett was said to have synesthesia, as it's called.

Last edited:

Esmeralda

According to Jung, the number 3 is the number of wholeness for the female, while the number 4 is the number of wholeness for the male. 7, being the addition of the two, is the perfect number, the unity of male and female.

I always think this way. :)

Let's see.

I agree, 0 & 1 are male. 2 is female. 3 is female, also. 4 I am undecided but I go with female. 5 is definitely female. 6 is male. 7 is male. 8 is female. 9 is hmm.. not sure, female?! 10 is male.

Letters. Z is lazy, doesn't care about anything and, if anything, is selfish.
Y is female, laid back and relaxed.
K is female, hard working.
S is female also, delicate and sensitive.
W is male. As is B, X and P.

Most interesting letter I find is C. People have a favourite number, if I had to pick a favourite letter mine would be C.

Will return to this thread later.

Maybe I'm crazy.:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00