Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by lifeless84, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeless84

lifeless84 Well-Known Member

A while ago, I was going through deppressive vidoes on youtube and came across one about a movie 2:37. Watch the movie, and ever since, the number 37 seems to fallow me everywhere, like I was cursed by it, especially when I do feel bad. Found interesting website about number and read a bit about it. Wonder if there is any hidden meaning of the number toward my future, or mayby I am doomed to kill myself like the main char of the movie...

Is there any number that fallows you, curse you? Does it have any meaning in your live? Just a curious...
  2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I seem to glance at the clock at exactly 11:11 a.m. and 11:11 p.m. a lot. (Sometimes I'm off by a minute or two.) I don't feel cursed. I think I've simply got into a routine of checking the clock shortly after 11, and I guess I have a fairly accurate internal clock. :shrug:
  4. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

911 is something ive played with. ... that sounds horrible. but yeah. I dont seea meaning in it, just me seeing it. Used to be when my breaks were, then i emphasied it, then I simply started calculating it for fun. Does it mean anything? Not to me, besides the practicle concensus that alot of people associate it to. For me, it's break time and a giggle to piss my gf off :p
    Yeah... glad I stopped that. :p *edit* Yar basically the sameway for me too acy. I used to look at the milage or random times in the day and add or subtract the numbers in the series to produce 911... probably because for some reason it was an anchor for my attention in those moments, and other reasons. Who knows.
  5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

You only remember things that don't seem mundane, that's why it's unlikely you can tell me what you had for breakfast 5 years to the day ago, but there's a decent chance you'll remember your wedding 15 years ago.

If the idea enters your head that a certain number is always showing up you'll guarantee you always see it because whenever you actually see it you'll focus on it but if you see a different number you'll readily forget it.

Try writing down every number you come across and see how often the one following you actually comes up.

Also plenty of people do report the looking at the clock phenomena, that one probably is just habitual the same way I know people that, regardless of their alarm, will wake up at a precise time each morning. If I maintain the exact same sleep schedule for a week or two I start to wake up like clockwork too.
  6. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Wanna make it paranoid :p We can program ourselves :) ... :| nope. You can see though how people can lose control(or choose) and get lost in the cycle of a routined predictable life. You eventually start building off of those repetitiions, even seeking them out just to continue the cycle to avoid a awareness of life outside of it. Or atleast connecting with it. Then again Perhaps that's how much of our core life is kept alive in some fashion. Still, if it's not experienced first hand, it's just emphasising a memory or building on an idea. Shouldn't get lost in a routined life where you can only appricate the moment through that routine.

Anyhow... no I wouldn't put my faith in the appearances of a series of numbers. Or any form of dictating control over your life. :( At best if youre seeing it alot and want to build on it, think about what you want. And if it's coming up as dodgy shit, you've got something to think/talk about and through. In anycase.. just becareful about what you look up. Your bound to find what you want to find, but perhaps not what you need or desire truly for who you are. It's just, that's quite a domineering way of looking at things. I'd honestly lean to the fact that it's just something you're looking for because you related to things possibly in the movie or movie construction.
  7. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

Yes - Im pretty much programmed now.

The number 136 is indelible etched in my memory from using my mobile roughly 5 years ago. Its not a bad number - its just the fact whenever I see it - it seems to jump out.
  8. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Acy - SAME!!!
    This is amazing - the 11:11 thing happens to me, exactly as you say..... I don't do it on purpose but it just happens anyway. Not every day - maybe once every couple of months - but there is no other time of day that it happens for. I have an inkling about what it might mean, and find it comforting when it happens - now even more so, to hear it does for someone else too!
  9. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I seem to look at the clock every day around 5:00. Not surprisingly, that's when I feed my dogs their evening meal.

If you make something seem important, your mind is going to hold onto it and you'll notice it more. It's similar to "bad luck" and "good luck" (which I tell my sister all the time). If you believe you will have bad luck for seven years because you broke a mirror, for the next seven years you'll see only the bad things that happen to you. However, if you believe that you have exceptionally good luck, then you'll see only the good things.

If there's any number that I'm cursed by, I think it's three. Because that's the number of siblings I have.
  10. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

There is a lot of truth to that - it's in the belief

However, when it first started happening, it happened all the time - but then, this could still be related to my schizo episode. It's something that doesn't bother me or influence me now - it just is
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.