NY county creates animal abuse registry

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mordeci, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/a...e-youre-going-on-a-public-watch-list/19674712

For thoese that don't know, in the US if you are convicted of a sexual abuse crime you are placed on a national sex offenders list, a county in NY is trying to impliment the same list except for animial abuseres. It works just the same as the sex registry, except at the moment it is more localized. I am not sure how I feel about this to be honest, alot of time and manpower goes to keeping the sex abuse registry up to date, I am not sure if I would put the same recources to animal offenses.

2. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

As far as winning votes goes you get a fair few for being harder on crime, that said what are the goals, is it going to be public so someone cant buy from a pig petshop chain if they search a name or is it just a vote winning expensive pet project. Pun not intended.

Edit, just reading the article the fee to be placed seems okay, but then I'm not a fan of publicly available crime lists, headshots included, especially considering the murders in the states of sex offenders by vigalantes because they're marked as peados on the web and in realty had sex with someone a year younger than them.

3. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I think it's a good idea, as I've never liked the idea of an animal abuser getting a pet/accquiring an animal. I doubt that displaying pictures of the abusers is necessary, but then again I'm not too familiar with how America does things regarding abuse registers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.