NY Govenor Hopeful Condems Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mordeci, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I am not posting this because I agree with him, I am posting this because this is one of the dumbest things I ever heard a politican say, especially in a state like NY where 56% of the population support gay marriage, and probably more don't support gay marriage, but don't have a problem with it.
    Quote: "I just think my children and your children would be much better off and much more successful getting married and raising a family, and I don’t want them brainwashed into thinking that homosexuality is an equally valid and successful option — it isn’t,” “I didn’t march in the gay parade this year — the gay pride parade this year. My opponent did, and that’s not the example we should be showing our children.” In the draft of the speech he also had written down “There is nothing to be proud of in being a dysfunctional homosexual.” But Mr. Paladino omitted the sentence in his speech.

I have a problem with this for three reasons 1) he is a public figure and should know better (then again he is a tea partier) 2) their has been a string of anti-gay hate crimes in NY so his comments could not have come at a more inopertune time 3) they just happen to be really really bigoted, granted he left out the "dysfunctional" part but to me the brainwashing part is just as if not even more offensive.

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Ok.

Well I'm pissed. I hope this guy like really fails and everyone has a massive LOL at him when it happens.

"I just think my children and your children would be much better off and much more successful getting married and raising a family, and I don’t want them brainwashed into thinking that homosexuality is an equally valid and successful option — it isn’t,” - Excuse me? SINCE WHEN DID I CHOOSE TO BE GAY? HMMM? No offence but I'm not going to marry a woman because a) I'm gay, so that would make me unhappy and b) it would also make the female counterpart equally unhappy because I'm not happy.

People aren't brainwashed into being gay. For fucks sake there are people that are in the most homophobic locations that are gay. These people are making such a pathetic assumption which they seem to be under-educated on.

His comments on gay pride are borderline hilarious, and his third comment barely makes any sense to me. Dysfunctional?? So there is a 'funtional' homosexual? I don't even know what to say....

3. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Hah. Good thing these kind of people aren't in charge. /sarcasm

But, seriously, those of us with more than a quarter of a working brain can tell that this guy's views on benders are.. off, to say the least. Another fine example why I'm glad I don't live in the US of A. :)

4. Kemra

Kemra Well-Known Member

Only thing thats dysfunctional is that politicians brain, thats all I have to say about him.

5. chjones21

chjones21 Well-Known Member

My cousin is gay and he is definitely the MOST successful by a long, long, long way out of all of us.

So the guy is just talking nonsense.

I do however feel a bit sorry for my cousin in not having a traditional family model because I think he would make a GREAT father but he is quite conservative in some things and I think he thinks that children are best off with the standard mother/father set-up and even though I know some gay couples adopt - he won't. So I worry sometimes about his 'emotional' life and whether it is/will be a bit unfulfilled but anyway, we all have to deal with something and he has done so well with everything else... perhaps that more than makes us for it.

6. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

His kind are popping up all over the country. Whether they succeed will show whether this country is progressing or sliding backwards.

In any case, it's remarkable how rapidly anti-homosexual rhetoric is proliferating throughout the public sphere lately. We're in the midst of so many major problems - the economy, the crumbling infrastructure, our dysfunctional education system - yet we're still obsessing over people's sexual orientation, among other distractions.

7. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Just wait until someone with a loud enough voice blames it on homosexuals, and'll get listened to. For everyone not involved, it'll be a chuckle.

8. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

aww... that's cute! The tea partier can speak in full sentences! :eek: I think he deserves a hand. Gold star if he could actually spell dysfunctional and homosexual all on his own!

It seems to be the trend that whenever a politician comes out and says something retarded like this- they are closet homosexuals.
    God, I am a pretty damn peaceful person- but whenever anyone talks like that, I just wanna punch their face in until they stop talking forever. -___-

9. Things

Things Well-Known Member

When I think of "brainwashed into homosexuality", I think of someone following people around whispering "you are gay" over and over.

10. Kemra

Kemra Well-Known Member

:laugh:

Or tied to a chair and forced to watch old village people / culture club music video's over and over.

11. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Do you have the full article to read? I mean not that politicians ever get misquoted or anything but I am curious what else he said.

12. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

hahahaha: think of hearing karma chameleon over and over and over in your head, that would be pure hell.

anyway, in all seriousness... think of all the gay teenagers that committed suicide last month. It's tragic, and we blame the "bullies" at their schools, but the true bullies are the homophobic parents, our homophobic society...and yes, the politicians that make this world a hateful world to live in. These people are killing are friends, brothers, sisters, parents, and lovers.
    someday I hope we live in a country where any political figure (or anyone for that matter) making ANY homophobic or hate-mongering remark will be ostracized and treated like a leper until they publicly apologize. That speech is morally abhorrent, and should not be tolerated.
    Thanks for posting.

13. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

14. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

15. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Shit like this just makes me so mad that i can't even construct anything productive to say. Fuck them and all the damage they are doing.

16. Kemra

Kemra Well-Known Member

The only place I've seen grown men grind against each other has been in gay nightclubs.. so Paladino goes to gay nightclubs to watch grown men grind against each other? Interesting.. :unsure: And what about grown women.. why is it always gay men that get picked on so much?

17. Deanna

Deanna Active Member

The current governor of NY has been advocating for gay marriage as a family issue - his rationale is that gay couples would be more socially accepted if same sex marriage were legalized, which is a positive thing for gay couples with children. The traditional hetero family model isn't necessarily the best for children...Look at all the hetero couples who abuse their children.

18. alison

alison Well-Known Member

This makes me angry.

But its probably only because I'm brainwashed because my parents brought me to gay pride parades when I was a kid.

Seriously though. Exposure to people who are different than us leads to acceptance and understanding. Avoiding exposure to people leads to ignorance (and brainwashing).

19. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

I don't understand how someone can see the world through such a small lense. They miss so much. He's probably reflecting a lot more on the other candidate's idealistic differences than he is the homosexuality issue itself. But if he IS so intolerant of just homosexuality alone, then, man, he needs to catch up, this is the 21st century, it's not the backroads of 13th century christian europe.

With all of the other problems we face in society, I just don't understand how someone can lose it when they come across two men holding hands. It just is perplexing. It's not like the two men holding hands are not contributing to society somehow or killing babies. Homosexual couples have professional lives just like heterosexual couples. It's a separate condition. They're people and deserve respect. To me that comes without a single thought. There shouldn't be any confusion or hold up. Very odd! Would Einstein understand?

But since I have a close gay friend I can't be trusted (i'm in on the secret gay agenda).

This is the Gay Agenda to take over the world and destroy your children:

# Get up in the morning, moaning at the alarm clock.
    # Shower, dress, eat breakfast.
    # Go to work.
    # Complain about traffic. Work. Worry about the job getting outsourced to India.
    # Go home. Worry about gas prices.
    # Stop for groceries on the way once or twice a week.
    # Cook dinner. Realize there's no butter.
    # Eat dinner. Worry about blood pressure and cholesterol.
    # Do laundry. Try to figure out how to get that tomato stain out of that t-shirt.
    # Clean the house. Realize that a sock didn't make it into the laundry.
    # Pay bills. Worry about saving for retirement.
    # Watch a little TV, spend time with any family members in the house, talk with friends on the Internet.
    # Go to sleep.
    # Repeat

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.