Obama, McCain, or Hilary?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by UpForAbbey, Aug 7, 2008.

?

Pick the lesser of three evils.

1. Barack Obama

20 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. Hilary Clinton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. John McCain

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpForAbbey

UpForAbbey Guest

American politics, mwahahaha. Pick the lesser of two... (three)... evils. :rolleyes:

EDIT- Assuming you're into American Politics, check out my signature. Facts will be updated daily. :)

2. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

i don't like obama. it's not his race, i would love for an african-american man or woman to be president. i just feel that he's a fake. he just wants publicity and if people want to rag on me for this whatever. i don't care. i don't like obama period.

3. UpForAbbey

UpForAbbey Guest

I think theres a lot better than Obama out there, but he is a whole lot better than McCain or Hilary.

4. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

Obama

But what we really need to do is have public financing of elections and run off voting , thataway we can actually break the stranglehold of the two party monopoly.

5. Lady Byron

Maybe. But I don't feel like he's patriotic enough. It seems that everything he does is totally fake. If he wins, I'm moving to Canada (jk). I honestly don't know who I will vote for when election time comes.

6. Bob26003

Patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels ie putting a ribbon sticker on yer SUV while at the same time trying to defend bush's illegal wiretapping of US citizens is the farthest thing from patriotism, that is blind following........... Being critical of your Nations policies in not anti patriotic. In fact, that is what our Country is supposed to based upon. We were founded by people who REBELLED from the King, not fell in line.

We are shipping 13 Billion a month to Iraq. at the same time our infrastructure is falling apart and our deficit is the biggest it has ever been. The trade deficit continues to grow. And our troops are being outright abused. Coming home to dispicable conditions like walter reed and having to do 3 and 4 extended tours. And then they got sent in without adequate equiptment. its just plain wrong.

I do not understand how people can support that, it baffles me.

The Republicans, mccain included even voted AGAINST the GI bill which would have gave all troops an education!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats how it was during WW2. But I guess the sicko Republicans think our troops now days dont deserve it.

How can people fall for their blatant immorality and crookedness? One word: Propaganda.

Here we come to find that the pentagon as well as the white house was feeding fox news talking points and sending out so called experts to appear all over the news. In blatant violation of anti propaganda laws.

McCain will be another Bush.

Our economy, the wars, gas prices, housing forclosures, torture, illegal wiretapping of US citizens, lying us into war...... Its absolutely disgusting. One crime after another.

DO WE REALLY WANT 4 MORE YEARS OF THAT

These people are corporate schills who only care about corporate profits. Disgusting war profiteers with no morals! then they hid behind God and Guns and racism, at the same time robbing you blind, and people fall for it!

you name it......... repubs are not fit to govern. The whole damn party is corrupt.

ie Ted Stevens, Larry Craig, Tom Delay, Jack Abramhoff, Bob Ney, Ted Haggert...................

It is the corporate party for the rich.

If you are not a millionare and you vote repub, you are voting against your own interest!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
  7. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

How many americans are patriotic to begin with ? Many of today's generation (that I know) don't give a fuck or feel ashamed. Why do you think so many Americans sew on Canadian flags on their bags when they're travelling ?

I'm not a Obama or McCain supporter anyway.

8. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I would prefer Obama to win in the end. If he doesn't deliver then I think future presidents/candidates will be more thoroughly evaluated in the future then they are now.

9. Lady Byron

well i'm not like everyone of today's generation. i happen to support the US thank you very much. don't rag on me for having my opinions. :furious:.

10. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

uh, I was talking about average people not YOU in particular. For some unknown reason you assumed I was talking about you.

11. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

I am for Obama. We need a change.

Only then can I be happy.

12. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

So the only reason you're depressed is because Obama isn't president? Only if he's elected can you be truly happy. Good luck with that venture. :)

13. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Welcome to politics.

I don't think he's necessarily a fake. I think he's disingenuously trying to appear to be more moderate than he actually is because he knows that's what he has to do in order to win.

Conservatism is too strong in this country for a real (honest) liberal to win big. Obama may actually be more liberal than Hillary is but he's more diplomatic about it and that comes across as "fake" to some people.

14. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Oh please. It's not a football team. It's a country. What do you mean when you say you support the US? As near as I can tell, people who say Obama isn't patriotic enough just mean he isn't Bush. Yeah. Bush. One heck of a guy, eh? Warrantless spying (on a truly massive scale), torture, mass deception, pointless war.

I've lost count of how many times I've been accused of being "Anti-American" over the years just because I didn't support GWB's policies. Last I checked, I owed my loyalty to the constitution. And so does the president. He has failed miserably and in fact, has nothing but contempt for the constitution. And then his supporters had the nerve to call me an "anti-American"? I don't think so. They can pin their little flag pins to their lapels and feel smug about it all they want but the people who let this thug run this country into the ground for 8 years are not patriots in my book.

:mad:

15. UpForAbbey

UpForAbbey Guest

I've started a war. :(

16. Bob26003

No you didn't:biggrin::laugh:

Political discussions always get heated. :wink:

I know for me I consider it a moral issue.

17. raw

raw Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Obama would make a great president

God help us if McCain wins

Rick

18. danni

danni Chat Buddy

shouldn't it be just be McCain or Obama cause Hilary drop out for the election of the president?

19. UpForAbbey

UpForAbbey Guest

Yeah, I thought I'd add in Hilary, just out of curiosity.
    I'm actually not surprised that no one here has voted for her.

20. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I'm an "Obama mama"! Can't stand Hillary cause she voted for the Iraq war. Obama was against it from the start.

Just my opinion...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.