Obama scraps moon plans

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by me1, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

2. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

yeah, until we start taxing the rich again, we cant afford stuff like this.

back in the sixties, they taxed the rich

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

So this means the US should have enough money to significantly increase the amount of federal financial aid to enrolled students at university, then? If the money ain't going into education and the general welfare of citizens, then it's going to waste. You'd think with all the cutbacks, they'd throw money where its needed instead of to failing corporations and war.

4. Bob26003

Have you heard that Obama is making students pay only no more than 10% of their incomes towards paying back student loans. I thought that was pretty cool

But back on topic. the real reason we cannot go back to the moon is because they found alien bases there.

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

How the fuck is Obama going to do that? Has Congress pass such law yet? I've only heard of it because it sure as fuck isn't in effect.

Edit: I've got five different student loans I'm repaying now, and they take up more than 80% of my income...

6. Bob26003

I assume it was in the jobs bill the republicans just fillibustered.

It may be in the upcoming budget

7. nos nomed

nos nomed Well-Known Member

The place they really need to cut back if they want to see the nation progress is all the tax money they sneak into their own little pet projects, and lie to people saying its going to jobs that don't exist. Could you imagine the day politicians decided hey I don't need an extra 5 mill in embezeled tax dollars this year for campaign funds how about I give it back to the tax payers!!

8. Prinnctopher's Belt

Oh so it ain't shit then, just like healthcare. Empty ass motherfuckin' lying ass promises.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.