Obama strikes again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
I heard on the radio this morning that there won't be any social security checks comeing next month because there is no money for it..The republicans have been trying to change his mind and start taxing big companies more money.. But he was stuck on cutting social security..If my check isn't deposited on the 3rd then thats it.. I will go thru with my method.. I won't be a burden on my family..My sister is going to get hit the hardest because we just bought a new car together.. Splitting the payments..I know she will not only be upset about my suicide but will be pissed off about the car.. So the 3rd is make it or break it day for me..

IV2010

hey J..don't you dare leave...I'm betting your sister would rather have you alive no matter what than have to deal with your taking your life..
you are too valuable to lose
I don't want to lose you dear friend

surely Obama can't just cut you all off like that.
and you have an illness and can't work so you should be safe
I hope they sort things out
*hugs*

jxdama

Staff Alumni
I heard on the radio this morning that there won't be any social security checks comeing next month because there is no money for it..The republicans have been trying to change his mind and start taxing big companies more money.. But he was stuck on cutting social security..If my check isn't deposited on the 3rd then thats it.. I will go thru with my method.. I won't be a burden on my family..My sister is going to get hit the hardest because we just bought a new car together.. Splitting the payments..I know she will not only be upset about my suicide but will be pissed off about the car.. So the 3rd is make it or break it day for me..

obama is using hate and fear. he is beneath contempt. he is using your fear to get what he wants. you will be fine.

mulberrypie

i wouldn't worry about it. it's just a scare tactic. typical chicago politics. he's a bully.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stranger1

You know the hell with it.. I'm starting the countdown now..I can't work or I would already have a job..Why doesn't he cut welfare.. There are plenty of people on it that can work but just skate by..I'm giving it until the 3rd..If my money isn't in my account then that will be the end..

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
I'm right peeved off too. I know, let's cut Obama off from his money. He makes 200,000 a year as president. Let's cut him off from that. Let's see how he likes it. No one is on his side anymore. I voted for him, and apparently 61 percent of people in a recent poll, and wanting to make him a 1 term president (including me).

Gotta tax more on the upper end of the spectrum. Make the people that run this nation (the rich) pay for it. A gratuitous 40 percent tax on all upper income of 200,000 dollars and up.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
Obama is lying to make people afraid because he wants to strike up public support for raising the so-called debt ceiling. Don't believe it. You'll get your source of income. :)

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
The republicans are actually the ones that are stopping the ball from rolling. They don't want tax hikes (on the rich), companies (again, rich), and other stuff pertaining to the rich. Who's the idiot that had to go hunting for someone that didn't say he was instrumental in the Sept 11th attacks? That's right, a Republican.

Money needs to be saved yet again, for the corporate as well as rich coffers. That's all the Republicans represent. They represent the rich. After all they are arrogant enough to call themselves God's Own Party.

randomguy9

Put's the "Pro" in Profanity
The republicans are actually the ones that are stopping the ball from rolling. They don't want tax hikes (on the rich), companies (again, rich), and other stuff pertaining to the rich. Who's the idiot that had to go hunting for someone that didn't say he was instrumental in the Sept 11th attacks? That's right, a Republican.

Money needs to be saved yet again, for the corporate as well as rich coffers. That's all the Republicans represent. They represent the rich. After all they are arrogant enough to call themselves God's Own Party.
Both sides will blame the other....

One side does not want to see more taxes the other side does not want to see cuts... until they find a deal we have problems.

Anyway.... a short delay is something you can survive. A deal will have to get done eventually.

If you feel bad about borrowing money offer to pay it back when your check comes.

On a side note... .I find politics depressing when i am suicidal... might be a good thing to step away from when you are in that frame of mind.

You could always be a walmart greeter. "Hi, welcome to Walmart. Now, get your S and get out!"

Hey, money is money. Goverment and president can screw you out of money, don't let them screw you out of the time you have on this planet. You can always get by, some how. If you wanna risk losing all the good stuff, and you know for a fact that there's atleast one good thing worth living for in this life time, you would be a real idiot for doing it.

You could always be a walmart greeter. "Hi, welcome to Walmart. Now, get your S and get out!"

Hey, money is money. Goverment and president can screw you out of money, don't let them screw you out of the time you have on this planet. You can always get by, some how. If you wanna risk losing all the good stuff, and you know for a fact that there's atleast one good thing worth living for in this life time, you would be a real idiot for doing it.

Crap, I did use the word idiot directly toward someone... Hey man, I wasn't thinking too clearly when I said that. From here on out, I'll start using better words. I am in a differen't website and I tend to forget.

No countdown, get rid of whatever method you have today. Get rid of whatever it may be, please. You're life is too valuable. You are too valuable.

I'm so sorry that you are feeling this way. Money is not worth it, not for your life :no:

I understand if something does happen to make the payments late or smaller that it would make you feel a burden to others, I really do understand this. And I am sure your sister would understand this is a situation completely out of your control and would reiterate that you are not a burden or anything of the sort.

Joseph,

Don't even think about it. He wants to get in office again. The senior lobby is a huge lobby and they vote. They vote BIG. He doesn't want to loose their vote. He would never do that. It is just politics as ususal in this country. The poor vs the rich. In this instance the poor will win. People vote their pocketbooks.

Joe

mdmefontaine

Antiquities Friend
Joseph my dear friend, I've been listening to all that falderall on the news too, and it's a crock of s***. Seriously. Like several have commented here, it IS a scare tactic. Don't get me wrong - I voted for Obama - but once a president takes office, and it gets close to re-election time for that all-too-coveted 2nd term - they ALL are alike.

It is the Washington smoke and mirrors - it's so much like the Bulls ex player Dennis Rodman - famous not only for his rebounds but his 'flops', and looking SO afflicted if a player of the opposing team just brushed by him.. . . o_O

The country would riot if those social security/disability checks were one day late, let alone, missing. Trust me my friend, your money will be there.

You are worth TONS AND TONS more than the price of your sisters car or your monthly income - and if she gets pissed off, seriously, she can stuff it. Tell her to shut up and get a life. I am tired of her holding some sort of power over your head because she has a bloody job - ((eyeroll)). She, like every OTHER American, is one pay check away from losing her job. She should not be so high and mighty.
Sorry if my words are harsh - but when it comes down to it - I am FIERCELY on your side, so I admit I am biased!!! Forgive me, I love you! You can't go anywhere because I (and many others) love you too much. You have to stay and get through all of this, with us, together. (((((HUG)))))

jxdama

Staff Alumni
You know the hell with it.. I'm starting the countdown now..I can't work or I would already have a job..Why doesn't he cut welfare.. There are plenty of people on it that can work but just skate by..I'm giving it until the 3rd..If my money isn't in my account then that will be the end..
i guarantee you will have your money

mdmefontaine

Antiquities Friend
Bumping this thread :: bump ::

I agree with the above poster - thank you jxdama - your money will be there Joseph......

There are always options.....there are always loopholes and paths to follow - there is never a dead end, really.....keep your mind open.

I can easily float you a loan - it's so easy to wire money - I have an account already set up for this, it takes, literally, less than 10 minutes. If your check didn't come (but it will......) I can have money to you in less than 24 hours. (depends on what time your mail runs, if it's morning you could have dough by late afternoon)

You know me, very well. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. Now, done and dusted. In the meanwhile, hang in there. Keep me company (as you feel like it) and remember that we are best friends and friends stick together! (((HUG)))

IV2010

Well said mdmefontaine..
we love you and need you j so you gotta stick around...sorry!! **HUGS**

I said in another thread and I'll say it here..
shame on Obama for threatening the most vulnerable of citizens and scaring them literally to 'death'

Stranger1

Thank all of you for your replies.. It gives me food for thought..If Obama does this he definitely won't be reelected..I'm trying to keep my mind off it.. When it gets too bad I go to sleep..But you can only sleep so long..Thank you again...

There is no way in hell that Obama will allow social security checks to be late. That would be absolute political suicide. It is all a game, and calling bluffs. No check will never ever happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00