obamas lead has faded

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by OutCaste, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2008
  2. Probably cuz he back-peddled on this:

http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=48807

So far, he's not said [an officicial] word, though he promised to fillibuster. He was and remains conspicuously absent, and silent:

http://wordout.computergeekservices.net/2008/06/21/obamas-hr6304-statement-a-dozen-red-flags/

(hard to go against the tide when the vote was 293 FOR, and only 129 against - and FEAR MONGERING - instead of mere Corporate Rule - is the name of the game. Tho you KNOW THEY'S gonna benefit BIG time) :dry:

3. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

i don't know about the american laws but i think one major reason why this happened is because of his affliation with the racist church and some racist groups. his history seems shady to me. in his book, he said that during his youth he held resentment against mothers race for quite sometime. her wife has also been accused of being racist and there's some solid evidence. i think a lot of people are going to take it seriously. obama did not even bother to refute any of these allegations but remained silent. not a good indication.

but its the same thing mccain as well. his remarks on asians are extremely distasteful and i find it funny how such people are even being allowed to contest for elections. Bobby Jindal would be his running mate. This fool is trying to impose his religious views on other people. He wants to teach creationism in schools. creationism has no business in a science classroom. He is rabidly christian, anti-abortion and against stem cell research.

but seriously, hillary had a cleaner record than either of these men.

4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Come on now. Think about this for a moment. I think it's basically impossible for a black person in this country (The US) to NOT feel at least some resentment for whites at some point in their lives. I'm not black. I'm white. But I can quite easily see why that resentment would be there. It's not a big mystery. And it isn't even wrong. You say it as though it's wrong to resent people for the wrongs they have committed. Resentment isn't necessarily the same thing as hatred.

But as far as that goes, aren't we going to have this same debate about any black man or woman who ever runs for the office of president? Where do you think we could find a black person who doesn't feel (or hasn't felt) at least some resentment for whites?

5. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

everyone who isn't white in the USA feels some resentment towards whites, at some point in their life. Just from the fucking stupid ass questions like "so what are you?" or "so really where do you come from?"

If you're not from the USA you really cannot understand the racial tension that goes on here. Everyone is from somewhere else and they are usually proud of that history. Blacks, often, do not have a real tie to another country. Many of their pasts are rooted in slavery, and they still feel the effects from that oppression now.

My fear with Obama is that not enough of the people that say they support him will show up to vote. He may alienate them by pandering to the "swing" voters by not keeping some of his principles. Also, racism is going to effect him too, I know that in Upstate NY (for example), there are many democrats that are probably going to vote McCain because Obama is one of "them."

6. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

Oh i dont know, it has no more or less business being in a scientific classroom than the bulk of evolutionary-theory, grounded as it is in faith rather than physical evidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.