Obama's Speech to Students

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Zurkhardo, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

A lot has been made of this rather rare attempt at speaking directly to young students from the White House. What is everyone's opinion on the speech, both substantively and conceptually?
  2. pit

pit Well-Known Member

If I was a parent, I would let my child listen to Obama. Children can make up their own minds. Why is everyone so oversensitive and critical about this? Children have already been exposed to the mental buffoon that was George Bush, so what difference does it make. The offended dullards that are so hurt by this should shut up and let Obama do his job.
  3. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Honestly, their are probably a few kids who will now vote blindly for the democratic party because they met Obama when they were too young to remember it but its such a small number it will never affect the outcome of an election anywhere.
    Beyond that, yeah, people are just being anal and complaining for the sake of.
  4. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I thought it was a good speech and he is the president like it or not, he is allowed to speak to american children if he feels it is important.
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Uh... wow. Way to bring partisan politics to our schools! He's the president of the USA, not a democratic candidate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.