Obese White Male

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Wozza78, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Wozza78

Wozza78 Well-Known Member

I recently got called an obese white male. On this forum. Most people would probably say "so what?". I come onto this forum because I suffer from depression. I help people every day in my job, but the one person I have no answers for is myself. I usually feel better after spending a little time here, but that changed when I was accused of being an obese white male. Its about what the term implies. Im not a pervert, or a creep, or a paedophile, or a sexual deviant of any kind, but that's exactly what it means when someone in a chat room infers that you are an obese white male. I feel better by making people laugh or smile, and being a generally nice guy but if that implies that im some sort of predator then fuck it! Do I have to post pictures of myself on the forum to prove Im not a sweaty lecheorus slob? I can't believe that I've been judged this way by people who don't even know me, on this kind of site. Just goes to show that you can't rely on anything, even a forum that's supposed to make you feel better or have second thoughts about killing yourself. I feel worse now than I have in weeks. So thanks... this place has really knocked it out of the ball park for me :sad:

2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Screw em!

I'm an obese white male too. I could care less what other people think of that.

It might hurt my chances with the ladies, but that is the least of my concerns.

Just because someone said something stupid, don't let that get to you.

There are people here who do care.

I am one of them!

3. byebyebeautiful

byebyebeautiful Account Closed

Warren, I care. I hope your ok. Thinking of you. :hug:

4. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

Warren!! :eek: :hug:

Ignore them - I am presuming this occured last night?.... Firstly don't let it bother you - anyone who says that to you isn't worth bothering about. Secondly - speak to the staff - they may be able to see what was said and sort it out so that it doesn't occur again.

But I like you the way you are and don't change that :)

Ellie
    x

5. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

It would seem those that care outnumber those that slighted you.

Thus, no worries man :)

6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

HODL ON!!! I've only been at this site for about 3-4 weeks and have received a lot of help from caring, intelligent people which make up about 99% of the folks at this forum. There may be a couple of jerks, but name-calling is not allowed and the person may well end up being banned from here. If it's who I think it is that said it, just ignore them. They are not worth another thought. So please reconsider and let an administrater know about it. There are methods of keeping these people off the forum. You can and will get alot of help here if you stay. Send me a pm any time.

7. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

if you have recieved negative comments form anyone on the forum, we suggest people to report them, with an aexact copy of what was said from both sides, and tehy will deal with it.
    if you dont have a copy, give a explanation of what happened.
    this site is for support and thats what we want to provide for everyone, but we cant weed out the trolls without help.

go to this sub forum: http://www.suicideforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    and it is private so only the top site moderators can see it. and it is confidential. they will reply to oyu on the thread you make :smile:

8. allanon

allanon Member

I am new here, but from the few comments I have received, and the many threads I have read it seems like there are a lot of lovely, caring, non judgemental people here. The world will always have its share of people who try to bring you down to make themselves feel better. Ignore them, they aren't worth the emotional energy. There seems to be a lot more people who care about you than the negative ones so if you are feeling bad about yourself, remember all those comments above, and think that you have made their days more pleasant by your presence here.

Sorry to chip in, just hate people making other people feel bad, there is just no need for it.

Take care and stay strong :smile:

9. Wozza78

Wozza78 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I know I shouldn't let things like that get to me. Im not gonna report the person who said it to me because they are here for a reason too. This site is like a lifeline to me, and I appreciate everyone who replied to my post. You're all good people. :grouphug:

10. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I don't see how obese automatically means paedophile? I've seen some pretty skinny pedo's in the media

11. SadPandaBear

SadPandaBear Well-Known Member

I think we've all been hurt by other people on this forum/in chat at one point or another.

Its really a sad fact. I'm sorry you had to experience it.

On a lighter note, there are a bunch of really wonderful and caring people that also share these forums/chat and in the end, these great people are what make this place work.

good luck. Keep your head up. Stay strong. :hug:

12. SuperBo

SuperBo Well-Known Member

Dude to be honest I'm a obesed female just brush it off your shoulders there are some good people here you're proably one of them help them and try to help yourself n it will be okay :hug:

13. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I know you don't want to report it, and the people here 'might be here for a reason' but that doesn't take away that people have a responsibility to treat others sensitively and not label you/dehumanise you like that. I completely hear what you're saying.

14. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

How did you get pervert from obese?

15. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Try not to let it bring you down. There may be a few people here who have negative things to say; but the majority of the members care about you and want to help.