Obsession

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by lifeless84, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeless84

lifeless84 Well-Known Member

Obsession arrives and says:

‘Your fate now belongs to me. I will make you look for things that do not exist.
    ‘From now on, your heart will know no peace, because I will drive out enthusiasm and take its place.

‘I will allow fear to spread throughout the world, and you will always feel afraid, but without knowing why.
    ‘You don’t need to know, you just need to stay afraid.

‘Work harder, then you won’t have to think. Work harder than you need to, so that you can stop living altogether.

‘Your Love, which was once a manifestation of the Divine Energy, belongs to me too.
    ‘And the person you love will be unable to leave your side for a moment, because I am there in your heart saying:
    “Careful, she might go away and never come back.”

‘Your son, who once would have followed his own path in the world, will now be mine as well.
    ‘I will have you surround him with unnecessary worries that destroy his taste for adventure and risk,
    ‘that make him suffer whenever he displeases you and leave him feeling guilty because he has failed to live up to your expectations.’

by Paulo Coelho, found on his blog

What do you think about it? Imo, it is very well described. I used to be the son, full of dreams, but later filled with worries. And my willingness to search and discover was killed. I have been shown many, many times how big disappointment I am, and the inner guilt, that accompanies me all the time, is slowly killing me from the inside. I lost the will for anything, just listend and obeyed. And here I am, almost 30 yo guy, living with his parents, without a vision for the future, unable to quit, filled with obsessions himself, wishing only to die...

2. Anonymousnobody

Anonymousnobody Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your are feeling that way. I'm not the best person to give advice, seeing as I am suicidal, but just know that there are people who care about you. If you are worried about having no vision to your life, go out there and do something! Get a job, volunteer for community service, do something. If you realize that you can help other people, then maybe you can help yourself. Sorry, just a thought. Like I said, I'm in no position to give advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.