Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by LogDork, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Have any?
    My wheels really get spinning on my shop.
    You might walk into it and say "wow, you can do anything in here"
    I have wood I milled stacked to the ceiling, all sorts of woodworking tools I've bought, and restored. Welding equipment, a forge, and...
    This lathe. A big old metal lathe. If I was at all religious I'd think it is a demon, that has possessed me. I think about all the intricacies I don't understand, read machinists forums, and totally obsess over it. Buy all kinds of stuff that I'll probably never use, before something else takes over, like it did from the woodworking part of the shop, that's gathering dust now.
    No, I really don't do that much in there, I made one dovetailed box two years ago. Ripped a few pieces of oak for a job on a 30" bandsaw I spent a couple months restoring.
    I work on the shop. That's pretty much all I do, and think about.
    I seem to need something complicated to mull over during the long hours of the night, trying as hard as I can to not think about my fucked up relations with all the people in my life I've been avoiding.
    I need to make a taper attachment for it so I can make my own tooling, as it's so ancient, little of the available parts fit.
    Even as I type, I'm going over the parts I need, how it functions. I cant stop it, totally obsessed.
  2. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

my weight. and food.
    either eating food or not eating it.
    or different diets..or getting rid of the food i ate.
    or eating too much of it. I like food but I hate it :3
    its soo good. and its so bad for me.
  3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Is this a problem, working in your workshop? It sounds a healthy outlet for obsessive tendencies.
  4. oval

oval Well-Known Member

i cant eat any fat. i have a lack of protein and of fat. and then again sometimes i cant stop eating chocolate.( is there any substitution out there so you dont have to eat eggs or meat to get protein ??)
    and my pinkie. i cant have anyone touch it and it cant have it when theres like lotion or something like that on it.
    and i constantly drum on my collarbone
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Lentils, beans, tofu, TVP... Going vegetarian increased my protein intake. If fish is okay too, that beats meat in every regard, being higher in protein, lower in fat, but with a higher proportion of good fat.

You should eat fat. Canola oil is good for you. Most carbs are free of nutrition and leave you feeling less full than fats or proteins.
  6. oval

oval Well-Known Member

well it a mental thing, i cant make myself eat fat. besdies whats in cheese and milk.
    i eat tofu every once in a while just not often. maybe i should force myself to do it more. i eat beans and lentils though.
    well my everyday eating habbits are rice and hot peppers for breakfast, recently nothing for lunch (i know its bad :/ ) and vegetables for dinner. thats literally what i eat everyday
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.