Obsolete Flourishing.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HDChorea, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDChorea

HDChorea New Member

My father is dying of Huntington's disease. My grandfather is dying of Huntington's disease. My grandfather's is very slow. He was born in '28. My father's is hitting ear marks of the disease text book style. Arthur is my paternal great grandfather's name. He has been diseased since '37 so very little is remembered about him.

Having just one older sister who has tested negative for HD (Huntington's disease), leaves just me. It's just as likely that I don't have HD as that I do. Typically symptoms begin at 35-45. I will be turning 32 later this year. Testing is available, but unlike my sister I have not been tested. Finding out that I have HD would be devastating. I suspect I do have the disease as I have noticed my gait and memory deteriorating since my early twenties.

I don't have much of a family. My maternal grandmother, my folks and my older sister and her husband is all the family I have. I do not know any of my cousins and have very few as my mother is an only child. I live with my girlfriend of five years. I will not allow anyone to go through what my mother is doing for my father.

That is why I"m here.

2. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

Thank you for being here HDChorea, I do not no much about HD myself, but please keep speaking out here and you will find support. You have much time yet and with out knowing for sure, try not to focus your thoughts too much on 'what ifs'. But please do talk about it here and maybe consider getting tested. Try not to jeopardize your current relationship for an unknown diagnose. I am very sorry this runs in your family. Hoping you keep posting and reaching out here.

3. HDChorea

HDChorea New Member

Thank you.

4. HDChorea

HDChorea New Member

I don't understand a lot of what I'm reading here. The more I read the more I'm confused on what some of you are thinking. I read that you're smoking marijuana then you are complaining about anxiety, depression and insomnia. Maybe you should get off the drugs? Just a suggestion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.