Occupy my mind

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by iNLuCiDiTY, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNLuCiDiTY

iNLuCiDiTY New Member

Hey guys, it's been well over a year since my last post on here, I last posted here on the 14/04/2011 saying that i was worried about what i was going to do with my life, I have since Tried to reshape my entire life which so far is working out pretty well just one thing keeps me down in the dumps...

My Looks

I know many of you will say that is other problems on the earth other than how I look but too me it is a huge deal, It used to keep me up at night making me suicidal but now i have control of it.

I've changed my hairstyle to make me look different but i can get rid of the problem. I have a very large head with a huge forehead. I guess i look okay with longish hair which i currently have, but whenever I look in the mirror i just pull my hair back and my nerves just buckle. The worst thing is knowing that i can't keep my hair like this all my life and one day i will have to have short hair. It wouldn't bother me as much but my hairline is receding so know i have a massive head, very large forehead and my hair is receding and i'm not even 20 yet.

I believe i look like an average guy with my current hair but without it i look like a freak of nature. My girlfriend likes to play with my hair but every time she touches my fringe i push her hand away. I don't want her to see what i really look like under my hair, and it kills me inside knowing that one day i might have short hair and become a laughing stock.

i really don't know what do to, im dreading getting older thinking my happiness is going to end with short hair, i was debating a hair transplant but i don't really know please can someone talk to me..... :'(

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I know you seem to be really worried about the way you look, but I'm sure you don't look as bad as you think. The way we feel about ourselves is probably a lot different than how others see us. It can be hard to be happy with our looks, but you should find things about yourself that you like. If the hair transplant will make you happier, then you should do it.

3. Damask

Damask Well-Known Member

My brother had a friend in high school who was going bald by the age of eighteen. And frankly, he was still rather hot. :p

Being bald is not going to make you be alone or anything. People who truly love you will still love you once it is gone. Anyone who dislikes you or makes fun of you for being bald isn't worth your time.

And who knows, once you get older maybe you'll want short hair. Long hair seems cool now, but what do you think you'll want when you turn 30? 40? 50? Maybe you'll actually be glad it happened by then. :)

Hang in there!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.