OD kidney/liver

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by skinnylove911, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

A few times due my depression I have taken a non lethal overdose (can't mentionn drug name) but the trouble is that my parents have no clue that I have done this a few times. in a couple of days time, I am hoping to see my gp about blood tests to make sure that i haven't done any serious damage to myself. But the trouble is that if my results come back its not great for either my kidneys/liver. I need something to tell my parents without mentioning the od. Neither do i want them jumping to conclusions. Don't worry im not making this regular habit and i am actually going to recover from this myself

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope you do not try to recover by yourself hun but you try to reach out for help ok so you prevent another od from happening hugs

3. skinnylove911

its just im really scared about the blood tests results and how the hell am I gonna explain it to the parents. I can't under any circumstances tell them what I have done in the past year or so.

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

This may be a good time to explain to your parents what has been going on. You need their support in your corner. Believe me, as a parent... we want only the best for our children. Let them in on your situation and let them be of help.

5. skinnylove911

but they would be so shocked and worried about it would really affct the relationship between my parents especially things have been tough on them too.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Personally,I think it would be best that you do tell them so they can support you. But if you're dead set against that, you could tell them you're having the blood tests to test for anemia. Reach out and grab and much support as you can. Good luck to you. :)

7. skinnylove911

Im gonna see how things turn out when i have a blood test and play it by ear

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Best of luck to you and know that we're behind you in whatever you choose to do :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.