OD

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by cookiemonster, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

over the past few weeks i have been damaging myself by overdosing everyday, not in an attempt to kill myself, but i needed the pain. now i'm in pain but i'm kind of thinking of other ways to hurt myself that are less harmful. any ideas?

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

That is very harmful and I would suggest talking to a doctor so that you can have any necessary tests.

I think all self harm is dangerous and giving you ideas, in my eyes, feels like tip sharing and I don't feel comfortable helping somoene to harm themself.

However, trying things like snapping elastic bands, or using ice might help.

What is it you get from self destruction?

I would also talk to the doctor about your self destruction and see if they can offer you any help?

3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

If you want ideas on how else to hurt yourself you are not going to get them here that is for sure....did I misunderstand your post?

Have you considered getting professional assistance with your problems? Having someone to help you sort through the thoughts, feelings and pain is very helpful and gives you tools to deal with life, tools often not taught to us while growing up.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post...you sound like you are in a lot of mental pain and I am sorry for that but hang in there, keep posting and be gentle with yourself, nothing good comes of self harming and there are other options out there to find relief.

Bambi

4. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

it sounds really silly but freezing cold water, splashed on you face can have the same affect sometimes for me. its safe too.

5. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

:hug: Emily, you really need to get help, you need to change your GP till they refer you to some as priority, you really need to get some help, i no the services have been ribbish to you in the past, but you really do need some help, and do deserve some :arms: if you want to hurt urself, try elastic bands or hair bobbles!

6. cookiemonster

the od's have been a recent more extreme one but i've self-harmed for years.

i like the idea that i can cause myself pain. i'm in control of it.

i have tried to get help before and have just been pushed away by the services. its not good.

thank you Maddy :hug: just stop worrying about me! i'll find a way

the whole reason i ask is that everytime i do it i push myself further

7. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I agree with Maddy you need to find professional help and even if you have had the door slammed in your face keep asking you will get it if only cuz they are sick of you.

Please get help it is so sad to see you posting time and time again in so much pain when there is relief out there.

Please take your good friend Maddy's advice and get help.

Hugs Bambi

8. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I hear how hard it can be when you have been pushed away from the services, but all it takes is one good person to be able to seek that help and get it. Alternatively, you could look for support outside those services, like other charities and stuff (if you're in the UK I can point you in several directions). Do you lose anything about going back?

You clearly don't want to be doing what you have, or you wouldn't have asked the question you did, and whilst we can't answer, the fact you asked it is a good sign. Could you lay off the overdoses?

As silly as this may sound, could you go for the placebo effect, like swallowing smarties or something?

9. cookiemonster

going to hospital is looking more likely atm. its getting closer and closer to the point where the school is gonna force me to go. they are fed up with me cutting in the toilets. i'm just getting more stressed and more likely to severely hurt myself

yes i'm in the uk. i don't actually like swallowing pills :/

10. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Maybe hospital is a good thing to try. Would you be willing to take yourself to A&E to talk to someone there?

You could also try MIND and also Connexions Direct and childline too.

11. cookiemonster

opk, thank you. my mum is a big factor in me not going to the hospital though

12. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

Emily, ignore your mom rihgt now, you have to think about yoursefl right now! you need to go to A and E and get yoursefl looked at! please!! if not forr urself for me!

13. cookiemonster

i love you maddy, i really do. and i wish i could but she will never understand

14. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Can I ask why she is a factor? What's she doing? (Sorry, I don't know you or anything, so don't feel you have to answer if you don't want to).

15. cookiemonster

she doesn't understand anything. last time i was in hospital she yelled at all the nurses

16. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Oh dear. That's the last thing you need. Has anyone tried to talk to, or support her?

If you could take your mum out of the equation, what do you think might help? Do you think hospital might be beneficial?

17. cookiemonster

i don't deserve any help but getting away might help

18. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

Emily, you really need to ignore your mom right now, u need to do what is right for you, otherwise, the school will make sure you go, you said that urself! how about talking to the school psyc ??

19. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You do deserve help, although I do hear you feel you don't. If you can get away from things in hospital, maybe its worth a shot? How about calling NHS Direct (0845 46 47) and talking to them and seeing what they suggest? Or just going to A&E and talking to someone?

20. cookiemonster

i've never spoken to the school psych. they decided to make me wait for the appt like the bloody services did. i'll see what i can get

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.