Odd Habits :D

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Spikey, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

I thought it'd be cool to have a thread to post our odd habits on!
    Mine:

I can't eat bread unless it's toasted. I think this spans back to when I was about 7 and I bit into a sandwich and my tooth fell out. So no bread unless it's toasted!!

I triple lock the door of a night and check all the oven switches to check they are off.

I brush my hair like a nutter.

I find myself talking in either a south east london OR a scouse accent when I say certain things. Occasionally it's American, but I don't realise I'm doing it!!

Another odd habit of mine is for me to NEVER eat on webcam. I think I've only done this TWICE in my lifetime LOL..

Mel xx

2. Canti

Canti Guest

I have to keep a weapon or two hidden in every room of my house incase a zombie apocalypse was to ever happen.

I also have to keep stuff handy to baricade the doors and windows(Zombie apocalypse).

I try to think of potential weapons i can quickly make from household objects (Zombie apocalypse).

I have to keep an uptodate plan of escape and refuge incase, yes you know it, of a zombie apocalypse.

I also brush my hair like a nutter :smile:

3. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

I attach special meaning to stupid things. For instance: If I wear these sox today good things will happen. Or: That is the popsicle that the devil wants me to grab and that is the one God wants me to grab.

:laugh:

4. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

- If I don't have Mad Sauce in the house, I go nuts.
    [​IMG]

- I eat practically everything with either Mad Sauce or Cocktail Sauce.

- When I'm walking around somewhere with someone (or several people) I have to walk on the left side of someone, otherwise I freak out. :rolleyes:

- When I'm on my computer, it has to be an 'even' time (eg. 10.00, 10.15, 10.30, 10.45...) on my computer's clock, before I can walk off to do something (i.e. cooking, bathroom, toilet, etc). However, I only have this with my computer's clock. If my computer's off, it doesn't matter :unsure:

5. ...I don't have any odd habits, none at all. Not a ONE! I am perfectly NORMAL!!!!

:hysterica

6. Canti

Canti Guest

Same here i hate it.

7. Sa Palomera

^ Yeah, actually I ended up losing it and having a go at my mate one time when he walked on the left side of me and refused to walk on my right side. :unsure: :sad:

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

i sleep with a knife beneath my pillow, and always keep 4 knives in my bedroom. iv been doing that since i was 13 lol

9. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

whoa! :tongue:

10. Canti

Canti Guest

Ive tried that but im afraid im gonig to stab my eyes out in my sleep =X

11. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I bite the edges off jaffa cakes, put the middle bit in my mouth, lick off the chocolate then chew on the orange part for a while before gulping it. :tongue:

12. XXXXX

XXXXX Antiquities Friend

That is just so wrong! wrong! wrong! :eek:hmy:

Yer meant to bite all the orange cakey stuff off TWO of them........leaving the chocolate covered gooey bits.........and then sandwich them together (with the gooey in the middle and the chocolate on the outside)....and then put it on your tongue and press against the roof of your mouth.

Obviously :rolleyes:

13. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

My Habit too! That and how i can't drink soda without squeezing a little of lemon juice in it.

14. bb564

bb564 Guest

I keep weapons all around my room.

If I scratch the right side of my head, I have to scratch the left. Then I scratch the left, then the right. I often get complex patterns, and it's not only with head scratching, that was just an example.

I press the hang up button on the phone at least 5 times when I hang up.

When I'm in an awkward social situation I pretend to be texting or checking the time on my phone.

15. Sa Palomera

a few more (interesting how I don't even notice many of my odd habits :mellow: )

- When brushing my teeth at night, I have to drink water afterwards, and not just any amount, but exactly as many sips as half my age.

- When fixing me something to eat, I like creating combinations that others consider 'weird' :laugh: I like experimenting. (i.e. sandwich with cheese + syrup + minced meat + luncheon meat + cucumber + ketchup/curry and dip that sandwich in Mad Sauce or Cocktail sauce.... Gingerbread with a very thick layer of butter and a gherkin rolled in minced meat on that, all that dipped in Mad Sauce..)
    I remember how this first started :laugh: this habit kicked in when my mate and I decided to make pizza ourselves, and we had the pizza bottom/floor ready, only to realize that we didn't have any proper products to put on it, so we went into our cupboards and ended up with a rather... weird pizza. Looked disgusting but was actually really tasty! (I've forgotten about a few ingredients but what I do remember: curry, cheese -yeah I know all very normal so far - , paprika crisps, hamburgers...)

Admittedly, that doesn't always work out well. (I can recall an utterly disgusting mix of mayonnaise, sauce chasseur, fried (!) liquorice, curry, tomato purée)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.