Odd Socks.

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by kindtosnails, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Isn't it funny
    To think
    Today could be the day Death
    Catches you unawares,
    And the last thing you said
    Might be the last
    Thing they remember,
    When they discover you sleeping,
    Still complaining of that headache.
    And while you sleep in sudden peace,
    Maybe there's one left
    (Because now it seems so important)
    Whether you had the time to wash your hair
    And whether they found you wearing
    Odd socks.
  2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

This is brilliant and interesting.

So talented... xx
  3. kindtosnails

My sister just passed away, it's just some of the stupid, little things that go through my mind, because i can't let myself think about the bigger ones, yet. Thanks for reading it. :hug:
  4. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Oh... goodness, so sorry to hear about your loss. You are incredibly strong.

And not "stupid little things". Just creative little tidbits that a lot of other people don't think about. That's where the most original writings always come from.

Take things at a comfortable pace. No need to focus on the bigger ones until you feel you can handle it. Odd socks are just fine. =)

Here for you...

5. kindtosnails

Thank you.
  6. Darkness N Light

Darkness N Light Staff Alumni

I love the poem. I am so sorry for your loss though sweetheart. If you need to talk I am here for you. Take care and I love you sweetheart. :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss

With Love,
    Crystal :hug: :cheekkiss
  7. thesemomentsastheypass

thesemomentsastheypass Well-Known Member

I found a lot of beauty in this poem. My preference is always for simpler writing styles with strong tones and/or clever metaphorical ones.

I just loved this. And I was going to post this prior to you posting about the loss of your sister. I am very sorry to hear that. It may or may not be important to you, but the poem stands up on its own.

8. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

this is amazing. I really cant add anything else to what has been said already really.... thanks for sharing. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.