Odd/strange triggers

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by xan, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I was wondering if anyone else ever gets triggered by the smallest things? One of the main things for me is counting in Mississippi's... it's such an odd thing but I can't bring myself to do it and it makes me feel physically sick to do it... it's a long story... but I was wondering if anyone else had something like this or if I'm just odd :unsure:
  2. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Counting what in "Mississippi" I think there was a word left out.....
  3. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I meant like one Mississippi, two Mississippi etc... so that the timing works out to be roughly a second for each... sorry I didn't make that very clear :unsure:
  4. pinkpetals33

OIC, so that is you trademark that gets your worke up and crazed anxiety?

Mine is more.....coutning calories...I divide them until there is no other dividend and then I do a written version and then change the scenerio in my head.

So how do you do it...you time yourself? DO you have a watch with a seconds timer so you can measure a half a second?
  5. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Huh... no.. I meant triggers :unsure: I mean... like if I hear someone counting like that it makes me feel like shit and stuff.. I dunno.. gah I can never get my point across I should stop trying :sad: sorry...
  6. pinkpetals33

no i wanna know. so if they start saying " 1 mississippi......2 mississippi etc " then you start to get paranoid?

does it have to have the word mississippi?
  7. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Erm yeah.. it's just to do with the past and stuff.. and the use of that, I just wondered if I was alone in being messed up by something that seems so harmless...
  8. pinkpetals33

Can you explain it to me.....what do you mean the past and stuff....how does he "mississippi" have significance?
  9. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I can't look at pictures of people I know. Crazy thing is they are everywhere! All over the walls and on furniture. I can't take them down cause my mom would be angry so I just look down while I pass them or move the few that are regularly in my sight to different places.
  10. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Errg.. to explain it I have to go into the details of what is triggering about the whole thing and I kinda don't want to sorry :sad: I just wanted to know if things other than... seeing/ hearing references to actualy things like rape or suicide actually triggered other people...
  11. pinkpetals33

oic, i understand...i think everyone has different types of triggers. my former psych said my triggers --and the perceptions of them crossed into psychotic......i think it some ways, it's a good thing we have triggers otherwise we don't know there is something wrong.....right?

i'm just thinking out loud here....
  12. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I overreact to things, not sure if it counts as a trigger. I get very depressed and lonely when I feel ignored online. Ridiculous, I know.

Not sure if this is a trigger either, but I hate hearing the end of a pencil scratching against the paper (you know when the eraser is almost gone?). It hurts my ears SO DAMN much. XD It
  13. plates

plates Well-Known Member

staying indoors or in a closed space for too long. it's cos it never was safe for me. i have huge issues with rooms :rolleyes: and it being clean and safe
  14. magik85

magik85 Member

I get unreasonably upset when anyone makes a mess in the house. And also with people who talk to themselves, and phone calls, and myself.
  15. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Me too. I have literally felt suicidal for hours after somebody has made a mess, especially if I have just cleaned up. But - of course - as my mum and brother don't take my depression seriously they really don't care how I feel about certain things, and why should they I guess. I'm almost 27 I should be living by myself at this age, not living with family and expecting them to tread on eggshells around me. :(

- I get upset when people call me out on something.
    - I get upset when people react (i.e. if I have been out of line, I think 'how dare he/she have the guts to stand up to me'. heh. Like I'm God or something?).
    - I get upset when I am in the wrong in the first place.
  16. magik85

magik85 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.