Ode to Health care

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by PandorasToybox, Aug 1, 2009.

1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Wow honestly after these last few months...if it hadn't stumbled upon this site I think I may have lost it. I'm sitting on so many waiting lists it's ridiculous...

I went from having suicidal ideation every few days to every few minutes in a matter of months. I'm so tired & I don't know where to go from here. The only time I get the help I need is when I hurt myself. I need to be attention seeking to get myself help because otherwise you get put on a waiting list. We have one hospital with no mental health section & there are never beds available so you always get sent home... they don't even check to make sure your safe. They tell you the local crisis team will call to check on you...They were supposed to call me 3 times over a weekend last time & I never heard from them once...I even called once that weekend to make sure they were ok...oh wait there was one more time after that when they were here & they told me they would call FOR SURE (after I told them about last time) & I never heard from them.

Yup... our health care system is headed for h*ll

2. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you've had such poor luck... that's absolutely ridiculous that they won't help you. There are no private counselors, psychologists, or psychiatrists you could see? How bout trying online therapy? i know they have email counseling, and I think there are people who do it by the phone too.

Also, I don't know if this site applies to you, but its an interactive online site that guides you through cognitive behavior therapy (I found the link on sf): http://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome. Thats another alternative route although I think its really important to have a person to talk to.

Feel free to pm if you'd like. I'm here to listen if you want to talk more.

3. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

:smile: Thanks for R&R

I'm going to see my counselor this week to see whatcan be done. I'm headed for another mental meltdown soooo I'm sure this counselor will have something done

4. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

Good luck koi, I really hope they can do something for you.