Od'ing everyday

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by scally, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scally

scally Member

Cant help it have to do it just wanna be gone. Shops in my town wont sell me pills as they know what i am doing. I look and feel awful.
    I did try hard to stop but cant, crisis team cant/wont do anything as my behaviour is wilfull so i will die soon.

Scally xx
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No then you go to hospital and stay there don't leave tell pdoc you are going to kill yourself and they will get youthe support you need the saftey you need to keep yourself here. crisis will intervene they have too if you say you are going to kill yourself they have no other choice but to intervene
  3. Mathale

Mathale Well-Known Member

Without putting a downer on you, I have seen many crisis teams deal in the same response. When you get 'repeat' incidents they seem to become almost 'desensitised' with individuals. They can almost be so obnoxious as to predict if someone is really going kill themselves or not. What they forget is that... when they know someone wont and they ignore the fact, that person will attempt and that person will damage themselves in trying to do so.

But thats not to say all crisis teams are like that, im just in connection with one that unfortunately is. i find those who i take to the crisis team who hand themselves in are left to waste their time. But please someone here show me a different side.

As violet says..... but a lil more... get involved. get open, get vocal and get attention. Be it from friends, family, docs or a random in a level of authority that you associate with.

focus hard, and snap a good view of life. Life is grim, god damn does it not produce the results we expect. but i feel for just a small result you should stare into the eyes of your children you love, into the eyes of your pets you care for and think hard of what your leaving behind when you alienate yourself from them.

You experience difficult decisions like i do, never ever the same ones though, but all difficult. keep on these forums. they help so well. unbelievable experiences. i went a year feeling good before i decided returning.

spend time explaining your feelings. we will all read it and help give you comfort, support and guidance.

keep with us, keep strong.

much love

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I completely agree and I can't show you a different side I'm afraid. Your crisis team sounds despicable, it's the same thing here. I found the last time when I was met with the same reaction I knew I had to get away from the hospital and find other forms of help fast because they were exacerbating the situation to the point i was going out and buying things to harm myself with.

If you can, get in touch with other organisations or MH advocacy to help you in a crisis situation if you still want hospital monitoring- and maybe you don't even want this which is completely understandable.

Why are you ODing? Can you talk about it here if it helps?
  5. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Do you actually want to try living? Do you want to stop ODing?
    As long as you have some degree of hope, there is help for you but you have to be willing to try and help yourself; as no one will be able to save you without your co-operation.

ODing is really rough on your body, so I don't doubt that you probably have both physical and mental problems now; due to all of the pills.
    Don't look in a mirror for help though... look inside and figure out if you want to give life another shot!
    If you've come here, I'm sure you have at least a tiny bit of hope. Keep trying, okay?
  6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

If you ever want to PM scally, I'm here. I feel for you and have gone through this many many times. Keep safe and know that many many people go through the experience you are with paternalistic, abusive, neglectful mental health care: you are not alone. If there are advocacy agencies or someone to come with you to hospital they might help, those agencies have been set up for a reason because your experience is very common and getting in touch and working with one of them has completely changed how I was treated the last year on a local level.

My thoughts are with you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.