Official weigh-in thread 2019

Freyja

Not staff. Freyja with a j.
SF Supporter
I haven't weighed myself in a while but I definitely took some unusual weight this month, I feel it in my pants... My new medication makes me incredibly hungry all the time :(

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I haven't weighed myself in a while but I definitely took some unusual weight this month, I feel it in my pants... My new medication makes me incredibly hungry all the time :(
What medication is it? @Freyja

Some medicines make me hungry too, these days I go for bananas, low calorie ice cream, grapes and other natural sugary fruit. Do you think that would help?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Just curious.... how much weight would people here like to lose during the course of the year?

For me, I'd like to lose a lot of weight so just going to see how it comes off, i don't have a specific number. I do believe I can do it, especially with the support I receive here. And my good friends @Kolisar and @Woowoo for their continuous support *hug

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Just curious.... how much weight would people here like to lose during the course of the year?

For me, I'd like to lose a lot of weight so just going to see how it comes off, i don't have a specific number. I do believe I can do it, especially with the support I receive here. And my good friends @Kolisar and @Woowoo for their continuous support *hug
Of course you can do it Petal and you already made a great start. This is going to be your year *hug

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Of course you can do it Petal and you already made a great start. This is going to be your year *hug
Thank you so much, not to sound cocky :P but I agree this be my year for losing the weight all my medications have piled on. I'm as motivated as I was on Jan 1st :) And trying to avoid the new years fade... I'm totally down for going on holidays later this year and actually have the belt fit me lols. :D

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Ideally I'd like to lose another stone (14 lbs) on top of the 5.5 I've lost so far this year, but that might be a tall order. I've been down to that weight before on several occasions, but I don't seem to be able to sustain it.

As a minimum I want to lose another 9 lbs by the end of April so that I feel ok in summer clothes. I also need to tone up so I'm going to try hard to exercise more.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Ideally I'd like to lose another stone (14 lbs) on top of the 5.5 I've lost so far this year, but that might be a tall order. I've been down to that weight before on several occasions, but I don't seem to be able to sustain it.

As a minimum I want to lose another 9 lbs by the end of April so that I feel ok in summer clothes. I also need to tone up so I'm going to try hard to exercise more.
5.5 by nearly 3 weeks in January means you can definitely lose 9lbs before summer :) I miss reading your food diary every day lol... it was fun to see what you were eating to lose the weight.

Did you get around to trying the low calorie ice cream or the weight watchers desserts? They are my go-to when I feel like eating sweets and chocolate.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
5.5 by nearly 3 weeks in January means you can definitely lose 9lbs before summer :) I miss reading your food diary every day lol... it was fun to see what you were eating to lose the weight.

Did you get around to trying the low calorie ice cream or the weight watchers desserts? They are my go-to when I feel like eating sweets and chocolate.
Thanks Petal *hug

No I haven't tried the WW desserts yet. I have no room in my freezer at the moment. I keep putting stuff in there and then forgetting to use it! I have tried the Halo low calorie ice cream, which was yummy. If like to try some of the other flavours.

I did start the food diary again, but I put it in the Members Diary section rather than Self Care.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Wow, how on earth did I miss that thread lol I just read it and replied, well done hun, you're on the right track :)

Livelife

SF Supporter
I stepped on the scales at the veterinary office this week and if it is correct I have gained 12 or more pounds in the past 3 months which I needed to do. the weight lose and the anorexia that remained after being ill in 2016-2017 was finally shifted with recent Ayurvedic treatment and supplements and it's working! Now I'm working on reducing the high carb content so I don't continue to put on any more. :)

Freyja

Not staff. Freyja with a j.
SF Supporter
What medication is it? @Freyja

Some medicines make me hungry too, these days I go for bananas, low calorie ice cream, grapes and other natural sugary fruit. Do you think that would help?
To be honest I wouldn't notice but my mom always does, she told me yesterday that I took some weigh..

I'm on Mirtazapine, Venlafaxine and another "natural" thing for stress. I think the first one doesn't stop my hunger. My psychiatrist always asks about my appetite because I look quite thin, but I don't have any issue with that, I eat more than my dad.

Yes, I eat fruit as well, bananas and kiwis these days (2 or 3 per day). The problem is I have trouble stopping my meals once I'm full, I could literally eat forever.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I stepped on the scales at the veterinary office this week and if it is correct I have gained 12 or more pounds in the past 3 months which I needed to do. the weight lose and the anorexia that remained after being ill in 2016-2017 was finally shifted with recent Ayurvedic treatment and supplements and it's working! Now I'm working on reducing the high carb content so I don't continue to put on any more. :)
That's great that you've gotten yourself to a healthy weight that you're happy with. Well done *hug

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm on Mirtazapine, Venlafaxine and another "natural" thing for stress. I think the first one doesn't stop my hunger.
I have been on Mirtazapine and I certainly gained weight on it. It's known as the sedating anti depressant so I think that might explain some of the hunger.

Keep a diary and keep track of when you are hungry and what you ate, it might help to have it documented :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That is good news, happy to hear you are comfortable in your body now, Well done *hug

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have been on Mirtazapine and I certainly gained weight on it. It's known as the sedating anti depressant so I think that might explain some of the hunger
I am using this one too and gained over a stone from when I first started taking it.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00