Often Thinking...... What If?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by noone_important, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noone_important

noone_important New Member

I have started thinking about cutting again. I know it isn't safe, but I have to relieve my stress some how!!! I was told by a drunk a$$hole the night b4 last that I'm nothing. I know he was drunk, but this coming from the same man in a sober moment who said "a drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts"!!! Tells me he thinks I'm a peice of shyt but won't tell me unless he's drunk!!! Messed up part is, he's supposed to be a friend!!!!! Go fig, huh? Told self I wouldn't let it get to me, but last night it did, and I almost cut to relieve stress of it all. Even thought about going deep!! Not sure what stopped me, but still thinking about it. Don't know what to do if thought gets worse, except cave!!! Just want all this mess to end NOW!!!!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas. Please do not cut. I know this probably won't make much difference but I'm going to say it anyway, people do not always say truth when drunk, my experience with alcohol is it has made me talk completely stupid and calling people names, even people that I love unconditionally. So I would not take what was said to heart. Try and move on from it, and maybe even confront him when sober if he is that good of a friend :hug: Just, please stay safe x

3. noone_important

I noticed he only acts an a$$ when drunk, and is constantly picking fights with all of us (3 all told) so I decided to stay away from him even when he's just starting to drink. Thanks for the hug. Needed one. Will stay as safe as possible, which is pretty safe right now, but afraid sanity will slip once again and will lose all gained in last 6 months.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Ah,I understand. Some people just cannot tolerate alcohol (I am one of them too lol), so I don't drink at all.
    Here's another :hug: for you =) Glad to hear you are pretty safe right now, do your best to keep it that way hun x

5. Ladybugaboo

Ladybugaboo Well-Known Member

That negative remark he made says more about him than it does of you.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

That is what i was going to say Ladybugaboo the remarks said while intoxicated say more about the person saying it hun that is how he feels about himself not you

7. noone_important

Thank you both. I tld myself the same thing, then I canceled that though. Fiured it must be me in some way. You just uncaceled it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.