Oh crapcrapcrapcrap i'm scared

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Woodsmoke, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodsmoke

Woodsmoke Well-Known Member

In ten minutes I'll be off to the doctors for an emergency appointment... It was suicide or Samaritans yesterday... I spoke to them for a while, then went to hospital to see my nurse mum...

and now I am going to the doctor and he's going to refer me to the crisis team. OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT the fuck is gonna happen to me????

2. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

Calm yourself. Deep breaths.

You should be fine. From what I hear, most crisis teams and whatnot aren't the bad guys. Keep us updated and good luck my friend

3. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

It's okay, you'll be alright whatever happens. That's something I would probably fear and resist also, but you yourself said it was either suicide or Samaritans... what's going to happen to you? You're going to survive, that's what's going to happen to you. Try to relax... what's done is done. You did what you had to do to save yourself. You'll pull through this. They're only trying to help you, and it's only temporary. Hang in there and you'll be back here posting again before you know it.

4. Woodsmoke

I see the crisis team at three. I'm shaking. I can't stop shaking. I'm so scared. I don't scare easy but I am freaking scared. ohhhhhheellll!!!!!!!!!!!

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

You made the right decision woodsmoke..you need to be honest with the doctor about how you are feeling so they can give you the appropriate help
    deep breathings good! treatment for depression couldn't be anywhere near as terrible as ending your life would be :hug:

6. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Suicide should be what causes fear.

What you're doing, seeking help, should be providing anticipation, excitement, content.
    You are doing the right thing, there is no reason to fear it.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well, how did your appointment go? :hug:

8. Woodsmoke

Have to see a psychiatrist today... no idea what they will do from there. I was so scared they would make me stay overnight... I am terrified of sleeping in new places... it's an old childhood fear. >_<

9. aussiegal

aussiegal Well-Known Member

That sounds promising. HOpefully a psychiatrist can get you headed in the right direction. Congratulations on being brave enough to seek help. pickwithaustin is right in that it should be something to be excited about.. but it terrifies me every time!!

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I too congratulate you on being brave enough for seeking out help. It's great that you're getting to see a psychiatrist today, some people have to wait months. Just tell them exactly how you feel and what's going on in your life and they'll help however they can. good luck xox

11. TheLoneWolf

So everything did work out then. I don't blame you for being scared to sleep in a strange place, it's not something I like to do either, especially when it's against my will. But at least you don't have to worry about that anymore. Breathe a sigh of relief, and let us hope that the psychiatrist can help you.

12. Woodsmoke

I'm now getting home visits... guy came round last night to check how I was. They changed my anti-depressants, they're taking me off Prozac over the next couple of weeks and after that increasing my Venlafaxine (Effexor in USA). The home visits felt very... intrusive. I am aggravated that people check in my home. Really really makes me feel nervous and I hate strangers anyway, so it's just not good.

I made a complaint about the health worker I saw at the crisis centre yesterday, she didn't listen to a word I said and made me feel as if ALL my problems were 'my fault.' I was fuming when I came out of there. If these people can't deal with someone's frustration (she had a go at me for raising the level of my voice, though I never shouted), WHY THE HELL DO THEY GO TO WORK IN A MENTAL UNIT???? She needs a new job, AWAY from people with problems, because she just makes them worse. AGRGRGFRGRGRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

13. TheLoneWolf

Seems like somebody took a job that they really weren't qualified for. I've been seeing that a lot lately. Mental health is a tricky field, and few people have the patience and compassion to do it effectively. That's one of the reasons I tend to avoid so-called "professionals"... but hopefully they can find a way to help you, unqualified health workers aside.

14. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Congrats on moving forward toward positivity (is that a word? LOL)

Like others, I also hate sleeping in strange places.............. to me, this includes hotels when I go on business out of town or while traveling. Even after a few surgery hospital visit's I've had, I have been glad to be home instead. In a strange bed, it's hard to sleep a good night through. There is a reason there's that saying, "Home Sweet Home." :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.